GMballistic's Zed ~ Supercharged 2003 Gun Metal GT Coupe (Vids added)

GMballistic

I loved my Defi's in my old car. :cloud9:

Wish I never sold the defis :lol: I need them for my new project :lol:

And that's the very reason I'm putting off selling mine for as long as I can, because I just know as soon as they're gone I'll need (read want) them for something. :lol:

Oh ex-shiny Darth Vader, expert cleaning one - Mmmm glowy goodness.. - you're saying you've got Defis for sale? *ears prick up*

Only kidding.. :lol:

• Like 1

Oh ex-shiny Darth Vader, expert cleaning one - Mmmm glowy goodness.. - you're saying you've got Defis for sale? *ears prick up*

Only kidding.. :lol:

:lol:

I do have a set of Defi's. :D They may even be for sale in the not too distant future (after my holiday)... perhaps... possibly... maybe. They might not be though. :lol: I'll give you a heads up if that happens though. ;)

• Like 1

:lol:

If you put them up for sale, I'm sure they will fly out of your hands quicker than a dry microfibre falling off a freshly waxed door panel :lol:

However, I have other plans in the form of home-baked Arduino. Fickle? moi?

:teeth:

Yes - sorry Gareth - thread invasion whilst you are out at work :blush:

Arduino thingy - maybe good, maybe pants, just slightly more than a twinkling now as I have it half working. It's a small coloured screen with 7 sensors (both mapped non-linear and modelled linear, including 2 AFR with narrowband system checking to backup the wideband reading) on the go, but purely digital. I will plonk something in my thread when I'm further along... :ninja:

So on the 12th of October I had one important question to ask myself.

Will this all fit in the Zed?

Sckit_zps3f148055.jpg

Unbelievably it did and with some space left over too. :teeth:

So the next day off I popped to Horsham Developments for Jez and Craig to work their magic. It took a little longer for them to fit everything than was originally planned but they where very busy and also a small problem popped up with my car when it came time to change the plugs.

Yep it had oil in the spark plug tubes so two new cam covers where needed along with the gaskets which where all sourced from Clark Motorsport who did an excellent job of getting Jez & Craig the parts pretty darn quick so it didn't add too much of a delay.

I was kept well informed by Jez the entire time and this was very reassuring, ..also he sent me a few teaser pictures as the build was progressing & parts where trialed & fitted. Like below.

HorshamDevelopments0_zps7f7b6164.jpg

HorshamDevelopments1_zpsc001c288.jpg

Eventually though the inevitable happened, :surrender:

.....no nothing went wrong,

...I just went to collect my car, paid a rather large bill, thanked Jez & Craig for all their hard work (including a late night dyno session by Jez) and started the drive home to South Wales in what can only be described as the best driving, sounding, looking car I've ever had the pleasure to own. :yahoo:

Anyway I'm sure some of you just want to know the dyno result so let's get that out of the way so here it is which I'm very pleased with. B)

103_zps6ae71cfd.jpg

Mishimoto oil cooler fitted (on rubber mounts with supporting mount underneath) & Vortech intercooler.

105_zpsca762553.jpg

BOV fitted position. I actually love the sound this thing makes (how sad :lol: ).

107_zps8b646571.jpg

The night I got it home and my first picture of the gauges all lit up in all their glory. Thanks again Ian & no I won't sell you them back sorry. ;)

109_zps4e23157f.jpg

And a nice pair of engine bay shot's of how it looked last weekend (I've already changed somethings but I'll leave that to another update tomorrow). :D:thumbs:

110_zpsf0447e87.jpg

111_zps9c30c8c1.jpg

• Like 9

Now the Zeditus is getting really serious here 😥! The bhp figures are really good!

Good write up mate.

Now go out and scare some kids on the street with the 'evil' zed!

Edited by veeg33
  • Like 1

Now the Zeditus is getting really serious here 😥! The bhp figures are really good!

Good write up mate.

Thanks.

You should hear it going WOT in a tunnel, ...sounds bl**dy amazing. :evil::thumbs:

• Like 2

Good write up mate.

Thanks.

You should hear it going WOT in a tunnel, ...sounds bl**dy amazing. :evil::thumbs:

Lucky you haven't have one of those massive air scoop for the compressor inlet/intake....... Else kids will get sucked in! Happy Halloween mate! Brapppppppp!

Edited by veeg33
  • Like 1

Looks awesome mate! and certainly a dyno figure to be proud of! Love the gauges too! I have always wanted pillar gauges in my life!

How does the BOV sound?

Something like;

"Psssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh!!!" :shrug::lol:

It's great Scott, ...when you getting one then? :D Pretty much the only thing your Zed needs to finish it off nicely. ;)

• Like 1

Looks awesome mate! and certainly a dyno figure to be proud of! Love the gauges too! I have always wanted pillar gauges in my life!

How does the BOV sound?

Something like;

"Psssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh!!!" :shrug::lol:

It's great Scott, ...when you getting one then? :D Pretty much the only thing your Zed needs to finish it off nicely. ;)

Haha its I just didnt think they were as prominent on S/C setups for some reason is all. :lol:

Funny you should say that, it was just last week I was saying to my mates how I was quite happy with the power. Though seeing this has not helped one bit! Really is awesome man! We shall have to see what happens next year.. ;)

• Like 1

Nice one GM. I had no idea you were planning this. That shot of the interior looks like a plane cockpit with all those dials!

Great job and great write up mate :thumbs:

Thanks Zeus. Love the dials and it's great being able to check the oil temperature ~ that's my favourite dial as it let's me know when I can give it the beans. :D

I did kind of try to keep it on the down low, ....didn't want to be one of those people banging on about getting a supercharger for months shortly followed by not getting one. :lol:

Haha its I just didnt think they were as prominent on S/C setups for some reason is all. :lol:

Funny you should say that, it was just last week I was saying to my mates how I was quite happy with the power. Though seeing this has not helped one bit! Really is awesome man! We shall have to see what happens next year.. ;)

It's not really a "blow off valve" as such as my car is supercharged so it's a "bypass valve" but very similar.

Honestly if you plan on keeping your Zed then I'd really consider this as it's obviously made an extreme difference to how it drives now performance wise. :drive1

Looks like a really nice install , bet your well chuffed.

This thread does however make me feel gutted that my HR zed is so expensive to charge .... Almost wish I bought a older one so I could do the same as you ..... :(

Over the moon with it thanks. ;)

Such a shame though it can't be done so "easily" to your HR.

I. Love. Your. Zed GM!!! Brilliant write up and a bloody lovely car. All done very tastefully, hats off to you sir.

Cheers Rock_Steady.

I prefer kind of a stealthier look to my car rather than all body kitted up etc and have tried to add little touches where I see appropriate without being too OTT.

Also got a few more small additions I've added in the last week or so but I'm saving those pictures for tomorrow night. :thumbs:

^^ Keep quite Chris. :rtfm::lol:

How dose it cope with the extra power/tourqe? is it nice and drivable?

Feels great to me ~ no traction problems or anything really although obviously I'm not being stupid with it & am driving to the road/weather conditions.

Put's the power down very nicely in part to my wider rear tyres I'm sure and just pulls & pulls all the way through the rev range. ;)

• Like 3