GMballistic's Zed ~ Supercharged 2003 Gun Metal GT Coupe (Vids added)

GMballistic

Sounds awesome

Enjoy

Thanks ~ worth the money I'd say. You only live once & all that so I'm glad I did it. :thumbs:

Spent probably the same amount of cash roughly some 5 years ago now on an old JDM Impreza WRX that I used to own & tbh it was nowhere near as good as my Zed is now. Doesn't even come close. ;)

• Like 2

Ah loved reading this thread fantastic read very jealous and what a great build enjoy the smile on your face when you drive

Cheers Neil. :thumbs:

Literally look forward to every day waking up even on work days as I know the first thing I get to do is drive my Zed, ....I was like that before anyway but having the s/c just makes it even better. :teeth:

• Like 4

At last..... the money shot! :lol:

Looking good Gareth and good numbers.

They are a lovely car to drive with the S/C, just 'right'. Nice linear power delivery and very predictable so its easy to press on with confidence. :drive1

I'm glad the CAI guide was of some use to you. :thumbs:

• Like 1

At last..... the money shot! :lol:

Looking good Gareth and good numbers.

They are a lovely car to drive with the S/C, just 'right'. Nice linear power delivery and very predictable so its easy to press on with confidence. :drive1

I'm glad the CAI guide was of some use to you. :thumbs:

Thank you Sam, :clap: ...and thanks for all your input along the way & that great CAI guide.

Your napkin pipe lengths & dimensions worked perfectly. :lol:

It is so good to drive with the S/c, ...so glad I went this route with it.

I better not let my wife see this thread as she keeps on going on about getting a super charger for her z lol

As long as your wife pays for the build I can't see the problem. :shrug: Better than shoes & handbags. :D

keep it stealthy GM. People in M3s will wonder what the hell just happened when you "make it so"

I intend to don't worry. ;)

Much more fun that way. :lol::thumbs:

• Like 1

I'd love to do it 370z bit don't think I'd see change out of 10g

How dose the gearbox etc cope would that need upgradin?

Nope, no drive-train upgrades necessary. I'm over 33K miles Supercharged, without issues. Still even running the OEM clutch.

• Like 1

just caught up with the thread Very nice Gareth well worth doing bet whenever you drive it you have a big cheesy grin in your face what more can you ask for :thumbs:

Totally Andy.

Going out for a drive tomorrow as I'm picking up the Mrs from work at 4pm, ...going the long way there & back. :lol:

Sure you'll feel just as happy with the turbo once that's all sorted. B);)

I'd love to do it 370z bit don't think I'd see change out of 10g

How dose the gearbox etc cope would that need upgradin?

Nope, no drive-train upgrades necessary. I'm over 33K miles Supercharged, without issues. Still even running the OEM clutch.

Maybey some bigger stoppers lol

Maybey some bigger stoppers lol

Bigger brakes are always a good idea imo but not necessarily a necessity.

After all the car still weighs roughly the same and all you've (I've) done is make it go faster so as long as you drive sensibly & give ample braking distances then it's not a problem.

If on track for instance you just need to be aware that a corner you usually approach at say 60 you may well now be doing 90 with the added performance so will need to brake sooner or a lot harder.

I have upgraded by brakes but do intend to go one step further eventually & get a big brake disc kit once funds allow. :thumbs:

Brilliant, absolutely love it!

Thanks MCook, ...hopefully given you some good ideas for the future plans of your Zed. B)

Best get saving. :D;)

You'll be racking up the v power points now :)

Yep for sure. :)

Just wish they still did the catalogue's where you could buy cool stuff from. Always wanted the Ferrari mountain bike but could never quite get the millions of points needed to get it. :scare::lol:

Currently just getting money off fuel vouchers so it's a never ending cycle. :D

Really looking good mate and some nice figures too :thumbs: Looking forward to tomorrow night now :thumbs:

Thanks Graham.

Means a lot coming from you as I'm sure you've seen more than your fair share of Zeds. ;)

Build thread will be slowing down now as I've obviously unleashed the main event but still have more plans up my sleeve. :ninja::)

• Like 1

You're a bit of a dark horse GM....where have all these pages come from????

Last time I looked we were on page 3 :ohmy:

I take it you've won the lottery, packed in work 2 weeks ago and spent all your time since then doing this write up and adding pics!!! FFS!!

WELL DONE!!! and hope its all going as planned. :thumbs:

Look forward to meeting up sometime when ya can show us all a clean pair of heels, (or at least try to he he!) or should that be a smokin' pair of 453's :lol:

• Like 2

Really looking good mate and some nice figures too :thumbs: Looking forward to tomorrow night now :thumbs:

Thanks Graham.

Means a lot coming from you as I'm sure you've seen more than your fair share of Zeds. ;)

Build thread will be slowing down now as I've obviously unleashed the main event but still have more plans up my sleeve. :ninja::)

:blush:
  • Like 1

You're a bit of a dark horse GM....where have all these pages come from????

Last time I looked we were on page 3 :ohmy:

I take it you've won the lottery, packed in work 2 weeks ago and spent all your time since then doing this write up and adding pics!!! FFS!!

WELL DONE!!! and hope its all going as planned. :thumbs:

Look forward to meeting up sometime when ya can show us all a clean pair of heels, (or at least try to he he!) or should that be a smokin' pair of 453's :lol:

Believe me I wish I'd won the lottery. :surrender::lol:

This has been in the planning for maybe 10 months or so and I've put a lot of research into what I've been doing as well as time raising money to fund it all.

Tried being a gigolo but there where no takers unfortunately so I sold loads of cr*p that I just didn't need or use anymore, quit smoking cigarettes (although still on E-cigs currently) and put most of the money I earned into the car parts I needed.

All going to plan and very happy with the results so far thanks. Definitely would love to go to a meet next year or preferably a car show. :thumbs:

• Like 1