Are locking wheel nuts redundant?

Ekona

Mind you I've seen guys putting 2k wheels on their £800 Paxos and 1.2 Fiestas. lol why?????

Whats the most expensive set youve ever bought guys. Mine was probably 1500 with tyres I bought once for a MK2 Astra SRi during that fast a furious years. B) Yes sad I know.

I never bothered with locking nuts when I changed to 370 wheels until one by one my mates noticed and thought I was mad not having them, I got paranoid and bought lockers for them in the end.

I agree though if scumbags what them they will take them regardless.

I have a set of 350 wheel nuts going if Ekona runs out.

Put it this way, if they really want to steel your wheels do you really think a locking wheel nuts going to stop them? after all you can pick up tools to remove them anyway, same goes for car alarms...even the intelligent ones, if a professional thief want your car....

Decent lockers are a different prospect, particularly if you have smallish wells for them - I remember when I got my Project Mu's they made it clear that I needed to keep the serial numbr in case I ever needed to replace the locker key, it was specific to that particular set :)

I still run them on the Zed but dont bother with anything else, but then TBF the wheels on the zed are worth as much as my 306 and 328i put together :lol:

I have some tuner nuts and a key on my Zed, the standard ones wouldn't fit my Penta Axis wheels and I think they cost a tenner. Caroline doesn't have any locking nuts on her Zed, just the nuts that came with the Rohana wheels.

Pete

I have some spare 350 ones, if you want them?

ooo - yes please... just been too lazy to find a set and take off the locking nut. If "Flex" doesn't take your offer I will... be happy to pay a reasonable sum.

David

Vulture! "Flex" does want them!! :lol:

Think it depends where you live and park. Probably don't need to lock my house up but you just never know. Someone stole my side indicators off my old golf once and you could buy them for a tenner. I guess if it's easy they'll go eventually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk