Choose my food *video p5*

Ekona

40 members have voted

1. 1. Burger or steak?

• Burger!
    • Steak!
    • Neither, just enjoy a romantic meal out with your wife for an important anniversary

As far the whole 'do something romantic' thing goes, I would just say that we're more than husband and wife: We're also best friends, and we both enjoy going out and having a laugh as much as anything else. We've done romantic getaways before, but the memorable times have been when we've done things that are utterly stupid. That's why we're going somewhere that does silly big food things :)

• Like 2

It matters not what you do on your wedding anniversary. as long as its something you both enjoy :thumbs:

For me and my amazing wife :yahoo: . . . our wedding anniversary is on the 4th October . . . . . she gets to drive to me to that airport for a 2 week stint away :surrender:

Forum Fact . . I share the same wedding anniversary as . . my parents . . . and my in-law's . . spooky :teeth:

• Like 1

It's the 31st, we're having the meal a couple of days after the anniversary so we can be out when the trick or treaters start.

Still can't decide between burger and steak. Every time I think I'm sorted, I think of the other then change my bloody mind!

It's the 31st, we're having the meal a couple of days after the anniversary so we can be out when the trick or treaters start.

Still can't decide between burger and steak. Every time I think I'm sorted, I think of the other then change my bloody mind!

Do they not sell steak burgers Dan ?

That would be a bad idea around some of the areas here. :surrender:

Just means you are a nice moving target for them to egg whilst you're driving and they can let fireworks off through your letterbox whilst you're out. :dry::angry::lol:

• 3 weeks later...

So gentle readers, the votes are in. It's much closer than I expected, so I have a decision to make. And make it, I have.

My dinner on Friday night shall be...

THE HOLY COW BURGER

I refuse to be beaten. I will conquer this behemoth, and I will succeed. B)

Edited by Ekona
  • Like 3

So gentle readers, the votes are in. It's much closer than I expected, so I have a decision to make. And make it, I have.

THE HOLY COW BURGER

pics for proof else we'll all just think you had 6 chicken nuggets off the kids menu ;)

S.

• Like 1

THE HOLY COW BURGER

pics for proof else we'll all just think you had 6 chicken nuggets off the kids menu ;)

S.

Omg, now I really have a crazing for Mcdonalds chicken nuggets...

Jo and I are celebrating our tenth anniversary this month, and so I've booked us a table at the Rare Cow restaurant. It's a lovely place, and I've been there once before, but upon choosing what to have I've come a-cropper, as they say.

They do a Holy Cow Burger, which is as pictured below (that's two of the guys I went there with, shows scale between normal burger and Holy Cow):

burgers.JPG

24oz of pure meaty goodness, with salad and onion rings inside. I managed to get through approx 3/4 of mine before giving up. I put this solely down to having stuffed my face with a huge starter beforehand, and I know I could finish that muther in one go with ease on an empty stomach. However, I've seen they now do another epic food nom to try...

steak.png

That's a 74oz sirloin. Seventy four ounces. TWO WHOLE KILOGRAMS OF BEEF. Plus odds and sods, of course.

Now, I look at that steak and wonder if I can really pass that up? But is it a bit excessive really (it's £99 just for that, the burger in comparison is just £29)? They are proper challenges too, so if you do the burger in 20 mins or the steak in 60 mins you get it free, but tbh I wouldn't rush it regardless. Either would be just for the sheer pleasure of great food in copious amounts.

So folks, do I revisit the burger and conquer the one large meal that has ever beaten me, or do I throw caution to the wind and go for the steak?

Feel sorry for your wc pan....