Off-season jobs

AliveBoy

So, the season has pretty much ended. What do you have planned for your Z before next year?

For me (in no order), it's:

Rollcage

Decent exhaust system

Front adjustable camber arms

Remap

Bodywork tidy-up

New bucket seat

Oil pan baffles

Oil cooler

Toe bolts

and fire extinguisher :)

Edited by AliveBoy
  • Like 1

In no order

Bodywork tidy up

re bush 90% of the suspension

baffle sump

try and come up with a hydro system that idea is dual caliper and keeps the cable brake

Decent exhaust system

more adjustable arms with a GOOD geo

Roll cage

Aftermarket Diff

New wheels if there enough budget but then i bet only 50% this actually gets done for next season :lol:

Edit; more arch liners

Edited by StevoD

Thought you were selling for a 3 series?

didnt say selling did i? just getting a 3 series having said that you dont get many wheel in one

Sorry, just all your facebook posts etc made it look like you were thinking of selling up. Great if you aren't though!

Going through her tip to toe, floor to ceiling - as she's totally unknown to me, will replace all fluids and filters /full service, replace or repair any worn anythings, replace / upgrade headlights.

Pretty much it for the moment ... once I'm happy with everything as it should be .... will start with the mods :teeth::yahoo:

• Like 1

Finish of the interior - dip console and gear surround

Replace side skirts

Fit Front lip

Rear canards

Rear diffuser

Fit Mishimoto Red Hoses

Fit DRL's

Diff oil change

Transmission oil change

Coolant change

Fit Footwell LED's

Replace door grab handle

Edited by Mudman
  • Like 2

What season AliveBoy? :shrug:

Driving my Zed all year round and the modding never stops either. :drive1:disguise::lol:

you live in wales isn't it always wet and cold anyway :lol:

Yep pretty much not to mention a hill or mountain around every corner. :scare::lol:

Got lucky last year as there was no snow, ...if it snows (bad) this year though I will be walking to work. Better that though then leaving my Zed stranded for a week at the bottom of a hill as I had to do one year with my Civic Type R.

Funnily though I never had such issues with my old Impreza. 4WD for the mfw. B)

• Like 1

washing it a lot. Since it'll be winter and pigeons' ar$eholes will be so tight that you wouldn't be able to pull a pin out of them with a tractor, no bird crap thankfully, just the damn salt. I hate salt on roads. Chips are fine... just the roads.

Edited by Rock_Steady

What season AliveBoy? :shrug:

Driving my Zed all year round and the modding never stops either. :drive1:disguise::lol:

you live in wales isn't it always wet and cold anyway :lol:

Yep pretty much not to mention a hill or mountain around every corner. :scare::lol:

Got lucky last year as there was no snow, ...if it snows (bad) this year though I will be walking to work. Better that though then leaving my Zed stranded for a week at the bottom of a hill as I had to do one year with my Civic Type R.

Funnily though I never had such issues with my old Impreza. 4WD for the mfw. B)

took mine out all the time when we had the snow the other year, you know when they had all the severe weather warnings and said it's the end of the world stay inside or you'll die, it was great fun :D
  • Like 1

took mine out all the time when we had the snow the other year, you know when they had all the severe weather warnings and said it's the end of the world stay inside or you'll die, it was great fun :D

Sure the Zed can handle the snow, just search Youtube as there's lot's of videos of Zeds driving fine in the snow providing you bear in mind it's rear wheel drive, ...the problem here in Wales is the bl**dy hills. :angry::surrender:

Negotiating my way safely down them is fine but getting almost 1.5 tons of RWD vehicle back up them can be a nuisance and wouldn't you know it I can't get to my house without going up one of at least 3-4 hills. :lol:

Hence why my Type R once spent a week stranded down in the local village at the bottom of a hill when the snow was really bad.

• Like 1

Gareth - have you tried winter tyres yet?

They work minor wonders on low Chiltern hills around me - not exactly epic Welsh mountains, but they do help :thumbs:

...not wishing to open up *that* old chestnut here, but.... :stir:

Tbh I haven't and I sold my old Rays so with the cost of winter tyres in my rear alloy size of 275/19" being a little costly I doubt I'll ever bother. I'm lucky though as works only 4-5 miles away so I'm more than capable of walking it.

Least that way I can tuck the Zed up all cozy & safe in the garage. :lol:;)

Lol 275/19 yep that would be expensive. I kept my old OEMs for winter and clad them in Khumo KW27. The car does look a little sad when they go back on ..kind of, oh it's winter again then.. sigh.. :(

4-5 miles walking to work in a blizzard... errm... rather you than me though :cold::thumbs:

Just to stay on topic, finish the s/c. Many small and large jobs involved there.

• Like 1