Double declutching

twobears

Thank you everyone for confirming that there is about as much use for double de-clutching in today's world as there is for black leading grates!! I can now confidently call someone a silly old f*** or similar.

Alex, I think heel and toe was the thing I was supposed to be learning next if I had kept up with the track sessions but that has all come to an end now, sadly :(

Done this as a young man with an old 50's Standard Ten, no need since mid 60's

My first car - 1958 Standard 10 :thumbs:

Last time I double de-clutched was probably on a 1958 Series 3 Hillman Minx. Subsequently discovered that the main reason for my gear changing problems stemmed from the fact that they bracket holding the change assembly to the chassis had become detached - it wasn't the only thing that had become detached. The MOTing garaged refused to move it from their car park, saying it was too dangerous. I sold it for £7 on the condition that I delivered it to a house in Oxted. My only excuse was that I was a penniless student.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for confirming that there is about as much use for double de-clutching in today's world as there is for black leading grates!! I can now confidently call someone a silly old f*** or similar.

Alex, I think heel and toe was the thing I was supposed to be learning next if I had kept up with the track sessions but that has all come to an end now, sadly :(

I still black lead my grate :shrug:

• Like 1

There's always one :lol:

I still black lead my grate :shrug: