The Results of The Scotish Vote for Independence.

WhackyWill

Congrats to the people of Scotland for making what I believe to be the right choice.

I'm not sure what was worse to see first thing in the morning, a grumpy Salmond or a gloating Darling. Those two really do represent the very worst of the campaign.

• Like 1

Fantastic turn out of over 90% so the people truly have spoken. Even with the no vote there will surely be big changes on the way Scotland is run because of this, it can only be a good thing.

Be interesting to see what Salmond does now, if he stands up to be counted or crawls under a rock...

Edited by spursmaddave
  • Like 1

Fantastic turn out of over 90% so the people truly have spoken. Even with the no vote there will surely be big changes on the way Scotland is run because of this, it can only be a good thing.

Be interesting to see what Salmond does now, if he stands up to be counted or crawls under a rock...

85% from the reports i have seen, massively impressive though, apparently the turnout for the general election was more like 55%.

I would imagine Salmond will put the usual political spin on it and say so long as they get more devolution that is what he wanted so its a win win ;)

I would hope this signals the way for change in this United Kingdom, so can we please have a vote to leave the EU now :)

Edited by Jetpilot

I am glad that Scotland are still with us but I do feel sad that nearly half of the population will be angry that they are not independent :( I hope that it doesn't cause further divisiveness.

TBH, when youve had a pretty even handed campaign, an 85% turnout and a win by 10% AND Westminster have promised further devolution for Scotland then its probably the best demonstration of democracy in my lifetime. Anyone who gets angry about the result is a bit of a tool IMO.

• Like 3

I am glad that Scotland are still with us but I do feel sad that nearly half of the population will be angry that they are not independent :( I hope that it doesn't cause further divisiveness.

Don't think it will cause too much anger, just dissapointment maybe :shrug:

Hopefully any changes in the next few years will all be for the good of the UK, England AND Scotland :)

Despite all the comments, at the end of the day if I were looking at this from a dragons den perspective the Yes campaign did not do enough to convince me to invest in the idea. They got a decent head of steam via some chest beating on AS part in the last couple of weeks but the argument wasn't strong enough for me anyway.

Just been watching some coverage on TV, there was a journo/writer woman from the Yes campaign, she had a dig at those voting No saying that the country 'lacked the courage' to vote Yes. Its her type that are the core root of the No victory if you ask me.

I wonder how many firms have lost out by putting printing/merchandise in place in anticipation of a YES vote.

Excellent turn out but not all who registered did vote - wonder if those who stayed at home and perhaps regretting that in hindsight, had presumed the outcome......

I have to say none of the politcians on either side were exactly convincing, in fact all were rather sickening.

This will be just the beginning of a very long and complicated process of devolving powers to Scotland, maybe some of the goons at Westminster on all sides will heed the warning this time that it's not just Scotland that so many of them seem out of touch with. All IMHO of course.

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

• Like 1

I think the whole voting/counting process is totally antiquated and open to abuse.

I mean people counting bits of paper and stacking them into piles.....come on its 2014 not 1914!

I totally agree, just as long as it's not the same automated system that got George Dubbya Bush into power via the pregnant chad debacle.

Well done to the inhabitants of Scotland. Although the campaigning got a bit tedious at times (IMNSHO), this was an excellent example of referendum/people power/democracy.

Despite all the comments, at the end of the day if I were looking at this from a dragons den perspective the Yes campaign did not do enough to convince me to invest in the idea. They got a decent head of steam via some chest beating on AS part in the last couple of weeks but the argument wasn't strong enough for me anyway.

Just been watching some coverage on TV, there was a journo/writer woman from the Yes campaign, she had a dig at those voting No saying that the country 'lacked the courage' to vote Yes. Its her type that are the core root of the No victory if you ask me.

She is probably very right, but more so for the points you make at the start.

I get the feeling the Yes campaign felt Scotland would just vote for independence without having the major issues answered or at least a decent plan, there was too much, it will work out fine, without much substance imho

Had they answered or sorted the major concerns, they probably would have faired much much better.