POLL - Which iPhone you're getting (if you got a new one)

Adrian@TORQEN

Which iPhone you're getting?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which iPhone you're getting?

:lol:

iphones seem to be great but way over priced, each to their own tho :)

The only thing that makes an iPhone a winner in my books (IMO that is) Is that the interface is genuinly smooth. No lag, no delays, it's responsive and free flowing (Unless it's jalibroken like mine and crashes every 5 mins :lol: )

I love the look of the other phones, and I agree apple are just whoring money from us with minimal upgrades each time, but.....they work :lol:

• Like 1

:lol:

iphones seem to be great but way over priced, each to their own tho :)

The only thing that makes an iPhone a winner in my books (IMO that is) Is that the interface is genuinly smooth. No lag, no delays, it's responsive and free flowing (Unless it's jalibroken like mine and crashes every 5 mins :lol: )

I love the look of the other phones, and I agree apple are just whoring money from us with minimal upgrades each time, but.....they work :lol:

devil, soul, sold. end.

• Like 1

I've followed apples lead but I'm not getting an iPhone. Moved everything to Microsoft. Last device to move over was the phone a couple of months ago. Got the Nokia 930. Been really pleased. Theres a lot to be said for being on one eco system.

New iPhones and watches look smart, look forward to seeing ekonas. Not my cup of tea. Not because they aren't good, I just prefer windows. Think I'm the only person in the world who likes metro. But win 8.1 on the phone is very good.

Be interested to see peoples thoughts once they get them. If its a big improvement etc.

• Like 1

I'm not going to say any of you are Apple sheep or whatever but you are however slightly mental, ...I mean almost £700 odd for a phone?!! :surrender:

It's your money so enjoy it when you can of course but that's just crazy to me. :wacko:

Got a Mota G myself so I'm on the same team as Flex, ...go team "Sex Dungeon". :lol::D

• Like 2

I dunno, is £700 a lot for what you get these days?

Phone, interwebs, camera, storage, games, video, streaming, even payment now. I guess it really does depend on how you use it, but I see mine as a crucial part of my life that gets used as much (if not more than) as my PC.

Also, cat videos whilst sitting on the toilet. Worth £700 alone, that. ;)

• Like 1

I dunno, is £700 a lot for what you get these days?

Phone, interwebs, camera, storage, games, video, streaming, even payment now. I guess it really does depend on how you use it, but I see mine as a crucial part of my life that gets used as much (if not more than) as my PC.

Also, cat videos whilst sitting on the toilet. Worth £700 alone, that. ;)

Well that is true. :lol:

I'm not a technophobe or anything it's just I've never really gotten into using my phone for much more than calls, texting, videos & pictures. Anything I need to do online I prefer doing it on my laptop especially anything that involves payments.

If you said you spent £700 odd on a lap top though I'd say that's not really a lot compared to some others so I guess for what the iPhones are capable of it is a fair price. Just seems expensive to me compared to my MotoG which was free on a 24 month contract @ £16.99 a month (£400 odd overall I know). ;)

While Apple's new iPhone 6 and 6 Plus have drawn attention for their new form factors and flashy Retina HD displays, the handsets boast substantial under-the-hood advancements, including support for the highly efficient H.265 video codec.

As seen on Apple's iPhone tech specs webpage, both the iPhone 6 and its larger iPhone 6 Plus sibling leverage next-generation H.265 technology, also known as High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC), for encoding and decoding FaceTime video calls over cellular. The phones also support the older H.264 standard first championed by Apple with legacy devices like the Apple TV and third-generation iPad.

According to Matthew Fleming, an expert in the field of signals processing who spotted the new iPhone 6 feature, H.265 promises to deliver video quality identical to H.264 AVC at only half the bit rate. This translates into a massive overhead reduction much needed in constrained data systems like cellular networks.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/09/12/apples-iphone-6-iphone-6-plus-use-h265-codec-for-facetime-over-cellular

Got a year to run on my iphone 5s contract and happy to wait until then. I'm afraid I've grown out of the "must have a new phone" as soon as a new model is released syndrome.

Totally understand, Papster. You see, I've done the same on the iPhone 5S launch, although I was on 1 month contract, I decided to skip it and get the next one, which I did now :)

Anyway, for those who are considering getting a contract rather than pay for the phone upfront, here are the costs associated:

iPhone 6

iphone6-costs.jpg

iPhone 6 Plus

iphone6plus-costs.jpg

Edited by octet
  • Like 2

None because I don't like apple software. I think the hardware is very pretty but I prefer the functionality of my android devices (Nexus 5) as I'm a bit more of a techy person and don't like the sandboxing apple has and enjoy the more advanced features of android.

Got a year to run on my iphone 5s contract and happy to wait until then. I'm afraid I've grown out of the "must have a new phone" as soon as a new model is released syndrome.

Yep,I did the same with the 5, only waited 3 months but got a 2 year contract and the phone for £850 unlimited everything and the phone should still be worth maybe £200 trade-in :)

Paying £700 for a phone and then the monthly contract on top is a bit rich really... Will see what three offer for my current £35 all in contract, if it is less that £100 then might be tempted :)

Yep,I did the same with the 5, only waited 3 months but got a 2 year contract and the phone for £850 unlimited everything and the phone should still be worth maybe £200 trade-in :)

Paying £700 for a phone and then the monthly contract on top is a bit rich really... Will see what three offer for my current £35 all in contract, if it is less that £100 then might be tempted :)

2014-09-13_16-13-02.jpeg2014-09-13_16-17-26.jpeg2014-09-13_16-18-47.jpeg

Edited by octet

2014-09-13_16-13-02.jpeg

I'm guessing thats the 6? On 16gb?