M3 V8 E92

GT4 Zed

Love it Bennett ~ looks fantastic and that V8 will sound great I'm sure.

My old man has the 2007 335ci - lovely car to be in and he loves the paddle shifters/auto box on his. ;)

Edit: put 330 but sure it's the 335?? I do know it's twin turbo for definite. B)

325/328/330/335 they are all 3.0 ltr engines, they just have different maps,injectors etc.

My old man has the 2007 335ci - lovely car to be in and he loves the paddle shifters/auto box on his. ;)

Edit: put 330 but sure it's the 335?? I do know it's twin turbo for definite. B)

325/328/330/335 they are all 3.0 ltr engines, they just have different maps,injectors etc.

Sorry GM, I just got what you were talking about.

• Like 1

Nice car for an old bloke like you ;)

First one I drove I was rather underwhelmed by, we didnt go full retard with the M buttons and it was in traffic so couldnt really let is loose too much. The two Ive driven since I set to maximum attack mode then drove like my trousers were on fire and they are like a different car, TBF M cars always need to be caned to get the best out of them and these arent any different.

I very much doubt youre going to regret it TBH, nice work :thumbs:

EDC was definitely an option. The car I briefly had didn't have it.

Knowing what I know now with regards to adaptive suspension systems, I'd actively seek out a car without it.

Can you expand on this Dan?

@ Dazza B you know I trust you big time.

@ dowcra................I am your father : lol: : lol:

@ SMD I'm not a pimp man and definately would not want to be next to the Laguar barge 😜😜 and by the way the zed is still in the stable and when its revealed will be badass!! More WHP than I'll ever be able to tame👀

• Like 2

A close friend of mine had one, coupe, with 19" and the EDC as well. Had a couple of issues that were fixed under warranty, something to do with the fuel pump is quite a common problem apparently. Saying that, it was an amazing car, just expensive to run. Dont see it as a top line 3 series, and see it as a £50k sports car (or what ever they were new) and you will be fine. My mate really misses his, that V8 is stunning, though it sounds even better with a sports exhaust. Maybe your one will rot really quickly and need replacing! lol

• Like 1

Sorry GM, I just got what you were talking about.

That's cool. ;)

I was a bit jealous when he got it cause it's faster than my Zed. :lol::byebye:

EDC was definitely an option. The car I briefly had didn't have it.

Knowing what I know now with regards to adaptive suspension systems, I'd actively seek out a car without it.

Can you expand on this Dan?

My first issue is cost. If these things break, they are very expensive to replace, and you invariably have to replace two at a time. Then you have the electronics which also go pop and need replacing. In short, any issues get very expensive very quickly.

There's also the issue with handling consistency. Now, I don't know about BMW here, but the Porsche PASM constantly adjusts the oil rate inside the damper to give optimum grip when in attack mode. That's great in theory, but that means you have zero consistency in the damping which leads to unpredictable handling, as it'll never do the same thing twice. For road use it's fine, for the track it's a nightmare. If the EDC isn't that clever and it's a simple on/off for damping pressures, then you'll be fine. I genuinely don't know on a Beemer!

But yeah, it's mainly the cost issue for me. More stuff to go wrong, which is why I'd only buy a manual car too.

I'm with Dan on the cost factor if things go wrong, all these fancy electronics are great all the time they are working but when they go wrong it's expensive & not normally something that can just be unbolted & replaced yourself, leaving you in the hands of some goon with a computer to empty your wallet. My dad has an Audi A8, he has just got it back today after having all the air suspension system replaced after an unknown fault, (the damping was un-even & ride height was raising at the front but not the rear) along with a new steering wheel & air bag module/wiring loom. Thankfully it was covered by warranty as I would imagine the dealer bill would have been in the region of £6-10k.

Have you got warranty with the car, if not, id say £100 a month well spent to be honest.That will makesure any issues are covered. You will love it, without a doubt, the noise alone is worth it. If you put your head near the bonnet vents, you can hear the engine sucking air in through them if you get someone to rev it.

Have you got warranty with the car, if not, id say £100 a month well spent to be honest.That will makesure any issues are covered. You will love it, without a doubt, the noise alone is worth it. If you put your head near the bonnet vents, you can hear the engine sucking air in through them if you get someone to rev it.

Where can you get a warranty that will cover everything? Not sure they exist?

Thanks for feedback guys!

@ekona/ darryl I have my doubts about this too about the EDC and already plan to disable it.

Yes yes I said no mods but I will be getting springs and an EDC emulator which are cheap. After that I'll look at pads upgrade and maybe decats, airbox and remap if there's any worthwhile gains.

The car will come with 6 month warranty which I'll extend to 1yt then there after will look at what BMW has to offer. I'll keep the service with BMW to keep the residual high and hopefully use it to step to my great GTR itch.

I really want to keep it simple with this one.

Thanks for feedback guys!

@ekona/ darryl I have my doubts about this too about the EDC and already plan to disable it.

Yes yes I said no mods but I will be getting springs and an EDC emulator which are cheap. After that I'll look at pads upgrade and maybe decats, airbox and remap if there's any worthwhile gains.

The car will come with 6 month warranty which I'll extend to 1yt then there after will look at what BMW has to offer. I'll keep the service with BMW to keep the residual high and hopefully use it to step to my great GTR itch.

I really want to keep it simple with this one.

Not sure what sort of miles you'll be doing in it, but it might be worth while seeing if the dealer would give you more discount instead of the warranty? The reason I say this and mention mileage is because if the car has had a gap in BMW warranty, it is apparently more difficult to get them to cover it again if the car is over the 60k mark and/or doesn't have FBMWSH, but you have the latter of course.

• 3 weeks later...

Pick up the meister yesterday and over the moon!

The test drive did not really sell it but I guess when you own it it's very different! It slower than my sc zed and would even be slower when I get close to 700whp with my new engine and bigger SC but it is so competent, effortless and poised in all the situations I have put it in so far. It's relaxing to drive as there is no NVH like in my zed and cabin noise is minimal with just the induction howl and exhaust note to serenade you! The M mode transforms everything and my concerns about the EDC are gone. I can't wait to get it on track now!!! I swear I will not modify it except for, wheel spacers, better pads, dot 5.1 fluids and SS lines. Maybe KW springs if its abit wallowy on track but I don't even know why it shouldn't matter as the zed is getting stripped and caged over winter for full time track work. 🙀

I will take pics later in the weekend. Here with a teaser as I got back home yesterday. I really don't know if I should park it in the driveway and the zed on the communal parking😳. Nice problem to have. Looks like I will have to clear the garage and get the zed in there😎.

B397217C-9E0F-49EE-9D96-971E118F08E8.jpg

• Like 2

Good looking car, very envious.....If your after a BBK there's a chap selling £6k worth of brakes for £2.5k on the BMW forums......Please go and buy them off him, because otherwise I'm going too....I'm suppose to have stopped spending money on the 335i, and have just had new EBC discs/pads fitted all around 6 months ago!!