Goodbye GrunDy's Engine...

Grundy

Very sad news mate. You have one of the best Zed's on this forum and it really sucks you've had this happen after all the effort and money you have spent on your car. I hope you get it all sorted quickly and get it back on the road :)

• Like 1

Grundy, I've just seen this from a friends pictures of trax....

34a1cec1e3f9d7de6c1884c148649365.jpg

Mixed rubber?

Budget tyres I'm lead to believe. He was offered MPSS's but said no... more fool him :D

Edit: this is not entirely true and I'm not sure what the issue was, I'm guessing something important broke :D

Edited by AliveBoy
  • Like 3

I think his last words before he went on track to me were something like 'See you when I get back, if I make it in one piece'...

You had to go and say it.

8 minutes later my phone rang :(

He was lucky I went out at 12:00 got pulled in at 12:04 end of session :p

not that you seen anything happen but poor grundy at side of track

Not the greatest video but do you know what it was pretty entertaining. ;)

Almost goes completely off circuit on the first corner (in fact does as he's on the grass) after warm up lap, blue Datsun something fly's past likes he's parked up, Puma spins in front and pretty much everything on track overtakes him including a 20+ year old Opel Kadett. :lol: Loved the female passengers accent too. :in_love:

Edit: poor grundy though. :(

Edited by GMballistic

Hey guys, finally managed to sit down on the laptop.

Thank you all for the kind words, advice and offers of help, truly means a lot.

So, my current situation...

...is @*!# :lol: Been a tough month as many of you will know, and the recent vet bill had messed me up this month.

So I'm off in Newcastle all this week, was hoping I could pick up a shed of a car this week but thought I had more money than I did.

So currently my main plan is to sort away of getting to work til the 24th (Payday)

Once payday comes around I'll be looking for a car sub £500, so if anyone see's anything (Southish/Hampsire) Give me a shout. I really don't care of the condition, just ideally small engine/Diesel - I commute 250 miles a week, so anything I can save on fuel goes to the engine fund.

So, what am I going to do?

Well first of all a big thank you to Chris/Keyser, had an hour long chat with him yesterday to discuss options.

The following options that were discussed -

- V8 so a LS/JZ/RB, Anythings possible at the Zed shed, however this could potentially be the most expensive option. I need to do a lot of research into it, but i'm probably looking at £10k+ for this work - I need to have a chat with Wasso and Bizz.

- Forged Engine Build - Straight up around £7.5K.

- Buy another DE Engine - £1000-£2000, the only issue with this is, it's like a lottery. I could buy a mint engine, or I could buy a dog of an engine.

- Buy another Zed (Cat C/D) Or something with Rear end damage ( Or any damage) - This way I can drive the car and get a feel for the engine etc. Plus I can then split the car and sell spares etc.

- Keyser has 3 engines at the Zed shed which we could possibly make one engine work out of all them.

Now I know there are some obvious options/routes to go down (Mainly working from the bottom of the list upwards)

I need to think this through properly as it's a lot of money to invest. But at the same time, Cars are my life to be fair, when I'm driving, at meets, at shows, on track is when I'm truly at my happiest. Partly why I wasn't so depressed when I blew the engine, I did it doing something I love.

So this is why I don't want to rush anything. This is the only time I plan to have the engine out/get a 2nd engine. So I want to make the most of it.

I always said I'd supercharge the car next year.

So in my mind I'm edging towards a forge route. At the same time I'm edging towards buying another Zed, Swapping the lump over and just SC'ing that.

Both are going to take a lot of money and time (I can't just pull money out my arse :lol: )

This isn't going to be a couple of weeks jobby, going to take a minimum of 6months with heavy saving, I have to be really disciplined with myself and money now for this to work.

Just like to see what all your thoughts are and suggestions? Any info on costings etc.

Before someone says it and I know someone will :lol: I'm not getting a different car or new Zed etc. Not going to give up at the first hurdle, I'd love a project like this as I'd never done anything like it.

As Batmans dad once said ;) - Why do we fall? To pick our self's back up again.