Your Zed and winter! Advice needed? X

Bobby D

Hay guys

This is my first winter with my fairlady and I'v just driven to Germany where I'm based!

I'm actually quite worried, I'v got it in a garage and a cover but how often will you guys get yours out, and generally run your motor! What's the minimum work you will need to do to keep it running nicely!

My situation is that it's going to be very Icey and snowy for a fair few months and won't wanna drive it on these roads everyday all day like I do now (being a girl really)!

Hope you understand what advice I'm asking for and I'v not made my self look like a tit!

Thank you x

Never ever,ever take mine out when there's salt on the road, but I have the luxury of another run around car

So how do you keep your Zed from seizing up or just dying? Just don't want to take her out in the weather we get in Germany! And the salts another added factor!

I drive mine all year around. Black Betty is not a garage Queen.

She out in all weathers... :thumbs:

Same here, ..but if it snows really heavy though I'll have to leave it in the garage because it doesn't really matter what you drive you're not getting up the steeper hills here in Wales. ;)

• Like 1

I'll look into them now! It will be out every now and then when the weathers not too bad but if the battery's hooked up she should be good! That sounds good to me! Just didn't wanna turn up to the garage one day and the fairlady be dead! And the cost to fix her be mental and prevented by a few things!

Anymore advice is welcome haha!

Buy a sub£400 scrapper and run that over the winter, have fun and enjoy driving in the snow and ice in that and not care of any ding etc it may pick up. Much cheaper than a set of winter tyres for the zed, and saves a fortune on petrol ware and tear etc

TBH our zed gets used all year round. Have winter tyres for the winter, they're good in the cold and wet as well as snow and ice. As someone mentioned I thought it was a legal requirement to have winter tyres after November? In Germany so you would need to get them if you are going to use in at all in that period so why not just get them and crack on.

There's really very little expense involved you're paying for another set of tyres but wearing out your summer set slower so long term it's really very little. I presume in Germany they have people who must store and swap tyres cheaply if everyone has to do it.

Ed

Edited by hawker1986

Same predicament here!

I don't want to fork out for winter tyres and don't really want to drive the Zed in sh :excl: tty weather.

I hate seeing it dirty and covered in mud, which there'll be a lot of come October.

Off to the car auctions for me to pick up something cheap and cheerful.

I know we all love our Zed's and we all have a bit of OCD about them :cloud9:

But it is just a car....It's not going to die if you take it out in the cold. Also it's not a £500k car that needs to be protected from dangerous leafs :lol:

Daily drive for me, gets driven all year round :thumbs:

• Like 1