Defensive parking

tatooandy67

I'd shop at any supermarket that offered supersize parking spaces to OCD car owners - and had staff policing the area to make sure that nobody parked within a door width of me.

Come on Tesco, your business model is going down the sh!tter - differentiate yourself in a good way and keep my spend clicking over.

I'd shop at any supermarket that offered supersize parking spaces to OCD car owners - and had staff policing the area to make sure that nobody parked within a door width of me.

Come on Tesco, your business model is going down the sh!tter - differentiate yourself in a good way and keep my spend clicking over.

Seeing as 99.9% of the cars on the road don't give a toss, not sure that would be a good business model :dry:

Spursmadave, you'll get to know me eventually - I wasn't being serious :-)

I was just trying to keep the thread alive to debate!

Mind you, if they can provide spaces for the disabled, mothers & children etc - why not OCD motorists, we're a minority group!

Sorry I am always serious and never try to keep thread alive just for the sake of it...

• Like 1

simple solution to parking across two spaces and buying two tickets... car parks should simply have multiple sizes of space, and charge per square metre. Perhaps the spaces should be colour coded depending on size.

That way Maureen can park her picanto in a tiny space next to all the other tiny cars for £1, whereas people with larger/more expensive cars can park in the bigger bays for £1.60. that way all the idiotic door bashers who are often tightwads, can all have an idiotic door bash together, while the nice cars pay a little extra and have a nice big space.

simple solution to parking across two spaces and buying two tickets... car parks should simply have multiple sizes of space, and charge per square metre. Perhaps the spaces should be colour coded depending on size.

That way Maureen can park her picanto in a tiny space next to all the other tiny cars for £1, whereas people with larger/more expensive cars can park in the bigger bays for £1.60. that way all the idiotic door bashers who are often tightwads, can all have an idiotic door bash together, while the nice cars pay a little extra and have a nice big space.

That is far too sensible...

Great idea though, colour coded bays and colour coded tickets to display :)

People would only moan when all the cheap seats are taken though :surrender:

I was once sat in my car in my work car park listening to the radio on my lunch break and someone who knew I was in there let his kid hit my door. No apology or anything he just looked at me and turned away.

Saw that as an opportunity to move my car and p*ss on his door handles :lol:

Defensive parking? I don't know what you are talking about :teeth:

(This isn't bad parking, I do edge as far away from the car next to me without brushing against the bushes.)

Besides always trying for an end space, keeping away from trees that contain birds with bladder issues is a priority...

14931068657_9302c10911_c.jpg

Edited by longsh07
  • Like 1

This is my private parking space at Tesco's

8c4f671da308b79a8f5c47f4575da276.jpg

7abbc74cb6a923caed40c5fb08942779.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that's what I call defensive parking beats mine hands down :lol:

this is a whole other level :lol: :lol: :lol: - I have also seen car tickets issued for this so be careful! :boxing: :boxing:

this is a whole other level :lol: :lol: :lol: - I have also seen car tickets issued for this so be careful! :boxing: :boxing:

They can give you a ticket but they cannot enforce it..!! :yahoo:

Been down that road with them.. :scare:

• Like 1

I would be more worried about looking like a total **** than getting the ticket :scare: :scare:

If you parked in a hatched area like that at my local supermarket I would make a point of pushing my trolley into it!

Edited by spursmaddave
  • Like 1

If you parked in a hatched area like that at my local supermarket I would make a point of pushing my trolley into it!

I'd surround it with trolleys so it was an arse to get out. I wouldn't actually damage it though :lol:

Edit: found a pic:

shopping+trolley+coral.jpg

Edited by AliveBoy
  • Like 1

this is a whole other level :lol: :lol: - I have also seen car tickets issued for this so be careful! :boxing: :boxing:

I would be more worried about looking like a total **** than getting the ticket :scare:

Not if I was sitting in it... :yahoo:

this is a whole other level :lol: :lol: - I have also seen car tickets issued for this so be careful! :boxing: :boxing:

I would be more worried about looking like a total **** than getting the ticket :scare:

Not if I was sitting in it... :yahoo:

If you were sat in it I would just say 'nice parking' :)

• Like 1

At my works car park I always try to park in a end bay and park as far over as possible

1015DE67-3D03-40EA-BF04-3EB664121133_zpssg5xxrkg.jpg

Still parking like a **** but atleast I'm only taking 1 space ;)

Be careful with that idea - I did figured, park on the end, one less side to get damaged, turns out people who are reversion or driving off etc can still hit you.

Scuffed up the side of my old car :(

At my works car park I always try to park in a end bay and park as far over as possible

Be careful with that idea - I did figured, park on the end, one less side to get damaged, turns out people who are reversion or driving off etc can still hit you.

How do you do a reversion in a car?

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

How do you do a reversion in a car?

select reversion and gently ease the crutch out after relaxing the hand brake.

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

• Like 1

I was once sat in my car in my work car park listening to the radio on my lunch break and someone who knew I was in there let his kid hit my door. No apology or anything he just looked at me and turned away.

Had a similar incident once at Tesco's whilst waiting for my Mrs to come out ~ I was sitting in my JDM Impreza, listening to music when the owners of a car that was parked next to me came back. They packed their car with shopping and then when getting in the passenger side, a woman just bangs her door straight into mine.

I just looked at her in disbelief. :surrender: No apology nothing. :rant:

I got out checked my car & luckily I couldn't see any damage. If stares could kill they would both have been dead that day. :dry:

• Like 4