Neighbour's driving is driving me mad!

twobears

Petty complaint I know but the woman who parks to one side of my car when I am in Surrey (living in a flat with dedicated parking spaces) is driving me mad with her lack of driving skills :scare: Every time she sets off in her car (some sort of Merc people carrier thingy) she revs and revs the thing. I am not a brilliant driver so I probably shouldn't criticise but I keep wondering why she is doing this and why her driving never seems to improve? She takes about 4/5 attempts to park the thing as well although even I can park Mr Z in an identical space in one seamless manoeuvre, which leads to more and more futile and noisy revving as she shunts backwards and forwards.

I have taken to parking virtually on top of a flower bed so that she can't get too close to my car and have put Mr Zedders safely in the garage because once she finally comes to a halt and switches the bloody engine off she invariably flings open her door without regard for the cars on either side of her. Her car is black and mine is white so I am dreading going out to find bits of black paint on the side of it or, even worse, dents :angry:

The odd thing is that her husband is just as incompetent a driver :wacko: Yesterday he flung open his door, again after much unnecessary revving and manoeuvring back and forth and I heard a loud clunk as he hit the rather smart Mini he'd parked next to. He didn't seem to care in the least. Fortunately they are moving soon so I am keeping my fingers crossed for better drivers as new neighbours because I feel quite stressed by this clumsy pair :(

Rant over. Feel better now, especially as I'm off home to Yorkshire tonight and I have enough room there to park 10 cars on my drive. I live in the middle of a field too so no-one can touch my paintwork :lol:

• Like 1

Sounds like the woman who lives across the road from me. Every night we hear her come back in her Aygo, VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM goes the engine as she attempts to park in on her drive. I asked her husband about it once, apparently she's been through three clutches in 25k miles :lol:

Weirdly the woman I'm talking about crashed the Merc into something and pulled half the bumper off a couple of weeks ago - wonder why that was? :wacko: She got an Aygo as a courtesy car (garage must have had more faith in her than I have) and she revved that until I wanted to scream. I imagine she gets through more than her fair share of clutches too. Must also state again that her husband is just as bad. Maybe one of them 'taught' the other to drive? :lol:

I could have filmed a similar video to that from my third floor flat in Madrid several times a day Alex :scare:

You are right Pete, I can't wait to get back to my Yorkshire field. It's a haven of peace and no-one can get near my cars there or I'd set the dogs on them - did I mention that I have a whippet and a chihuahua? :lol:

• Like 2

Lets hope they move out pretty soon and you get more considerate neighbours.

We've always had problems with neighbours over one thing or another, thats why we now live out in the sticks and wouldn't have it any other way.

As Pete says, Its great to have no neighbours, no close ones at least.

Sounds like the woman who lives across the road from me. Every night we hear her come back in her Aygo, VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM goes the engine as she attempts to park in on her drive. I asked her husband about it once, apparently she's been through three clutches in 25k miles :lol:

To be fair, our new Aygo sounds like an angry hair drier, even if you're careful on the clutch.

As for neighbours, my dream is a house in the country with not a single other house in sight. The biggest issue round our way is all the Little Lord Fauntleroy spoilt brats who mummy and daddy wouldn't dare tell to shut the flip up so the rest of us can relax for ten minutes in the garden. Rant over.

Edited by sipar69

You are right Pete, I can't wait to get back to my Yorkshire field. It's a haven of peace and no-one can get near my cars there or I'd set the dogs on them

Even here though you're not 100% safe, a few years ago the postman reversed into Caroline's daughters MX5 and a loose horse bumped into our MR2.

Pete

She is probably deaf. My parents neighbour does similar, he seems to rev the living day lights out of his fiesta, then proceeds up the road in 1st until its banging off the limiter for 30 seconds before changing gear. At last count he was on clutch number 4 and the cars only done about 15k. He apparently got through one in just 500 miles.

Ive mentioned before, but my neighbours are also pretty inconsiderate. Im the only house in the cul-de-sac with a nice big double drive so I can park both my car & wifes car side by side. The neighbour has a single drive. Rather than use some of her front garden to create a 2nd parking space for her husbands car, he parks his car behind hers on the drive. No problem there, but when his car is blocking hers in, rather than her move his car out on to the road, she just shunts back and forth, over the flowers which separate our drives in some bizarre 100 point turn until she is sideways between my car and her house. Eventually she manages to turn her car completely around on my drive, then drives across my drive and onto the road. I only realised this when I saw tyre marks going horizontally across my drive in front of my garage and wondered how the hell they got there. Then several times since ive stood there in the hall way of my house, my heart in my mouth and watched her shunting her car about cm`s away from my shiny car.

I want to put up a nice fence between us to stop unwanted trespassing by her, but my missus says "oh shes not hurting anything" and I should let them be.

Edited by rabbitstew

She is probably deaf. My parents neighbour does similar, he seems to rev the living day lights out of his fiesta, then proceeds up the road in 1st until its banging off the limiter for 30 seconds before changing gear. At last count he was on clutch number 4 and the cars only done about 15k. He apparently got through one in just 500 miles.

Ive mentioned before, but my neighbours are also pretty inconsiderate. Im the only house in the cul-de-sac with a nice big double drive so I can park both my car & wifes car side by side. The neighbour has a single drive. Rather than use some of her front garden to create a 2nd parking space for her husbands car, he parks his car behind hers on the drive. No problem there, but when his car is blocking hers in, rather than her move his car out on to the road, she just shunts back and forth, over the flowers which separate our drives in some bizarre 100 point turn until she is sideways between my car and her house. Eventually she manages to turn her car completely around on my drive, then drives across my drive and onto the road. I only realised this when I saw tyre marks going horizontally across my drive in front of my garage and wondered how the hell they got there. Then several times since ive stood there in the hall way of my house, my heart in my mouth and watched her shunting her car about cm`s away from my shiny car.

I want to put up a nice fence between us to stop unwanted trespassing by her, but my missus says "oh shes not hurting anything" and I should let them be.

:scare: :scare: :scare: Jee wizz.

I have very considerate neighbour one side and the other side couldn't be worse...!!! :surrender:

He has an old Chrysler Diesel People carrier which he starts at 7.30am and leaves it running

while he loads it up, filling my house first thing in the morning with diesel fumes...!!! :rant: :rant: :angry:

A hell of a lot of people don't give a crap about their car, it is just a necessity to get the kids to school, get to work etc etc

Having a nice car and looking after it, spending money on detailing products, getting a pro detail like twobears had done would never ever even enter their minds.... I don't dislike people like this they are just not interested, unless they are inconsiderate :dry:

• Like 1

rabbitstew, I consider myself lucky after reading about your neighbour's wife. I'm afraid I'd be putting up a fence too. Or perhaps digging a trench!

Flex, not sure where your erm, "Sex Dungeon" is :scare: but please don't even think about buying my neighbour's flat :surrender:

• Like 2