Hate drivers who use fog lights?

LRF4N

Rear fogs should be on in heavy rain. They're meant for low-visibility conditions.

I would very much like to see a 'wipers on, lights on' law introduced. Dipped only, of course, but it should be brought in.

Also, thumbs up to the Chinese, good on 'em although the punishment is for people using main beam rather fog lights.

Rear fogs should be on in heavy rain. They're meant for low-visibility conditions.

I would very much like to see a 'wipers on, lights on' law introduced. Dipped only, of course, but it should be brought in.

Also, thumbs up to the Chinese, good on 'em although the punishment is for people using main beam rather fog lights.

Vere soon we are coming into Autumn, wonder if the trend of one "eyed cars" continues this year

never seen so many cars with only one headlight as last year. I would put it down to cheap Chinese

cr*p bulbs sold on Fleabay. :angry:

Edited by WhackyWill
  • Like 1

I would very much like to see a 'wipers on, lights on' law introduced. Dipped only, of course, but it should be brought in

Agreed. First time I realised how important this was is not long after I passed my test. Coming out a giveway there was a grey car coming from my right, with it's sidelights on, rain wasn't that heavy. First time I looked right I didn't see it. Luckily I checked again before I pulled out cos if I didn't I would've crashed

I think you only appreciate it when it happens to you

I also think car makers with auto wipers should make the headlights come on when the wipers are a certain speed

People who drive around with front fog lights on when it's not foggy need some sort of punishment.

Not sure what's appropriate though, :dry: ....dazzling them with headlights does sound fun though, although the PC brigade would never allow that here. :thumbdown:

I hate the fact that Ford don't have separate dials for the front and rear fogs, and that the fronts come on first.

During the average year, I might need to use rear fogs about ten times. In all my driving life, I've needed to use front fogs ONCE. It's a stupid design, and just contributes towards people inappropriately using front fogs. Ford, you are a bunch of muppets.

Highway Code extract

1. Overview (226)

You MUST use headlights when visibility is seriously reduced, generally when you cannot see for more than 100 metres (328 feet). You may also use front or rear fog lights but you MUST switch them off when visibility improves (see Rule 236). Law RVLR regs 25 & 27

• Like 1

Highway Code extract

1. Overview (226)

You MUST use headlights when visibility is seriously reduced, generally when you cannot see for more than 100 metres (328 feet). You may also use front or rear fog lights but you MUST switch them off when visibility improves (see Rule 236). Law RVLR regs 25 & 27

Maybe so but surely that is referring to "foggy" conditions or "heavy rain" situations.

Too many people think as soon as it gets a little dark they'll put the fog lights on! Wtf? :shrug: Not to mention the idiots driving around in the day time with them on.

police should be allowed to pull you over and smash said fog lights if you use them inappropriately.

personally I'd prefer to see police snipers on the bridges taking out the offending drivers with a high velocity rifle

Sounds fair enough to me. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Rear fogs left on when not needed annoys the f*^k out of me, as they are very bright, usually at eye level and that makes it dangerous because it impairs your vision.

But.....I really don't get the hate for fronts.... :shrug:

Front fogs/driving lights as some call them don't bother me at all. They are usually low down, well bellow eye level and if they are adjusted correctly then they point down at the road and curb just a few meters in front of car so do not blind on coming traffic and actually light up the curb and road markings which is where you need the extra light.

Poorly adjusted headlights (dipped beam) are a much bigger problem especially on 4x4s and other higher vehicles where they just point right into your eyes.

I also think quite a lot of the DRLs are a bit too bright, again especially the ones at eye level.

I put my lights on full beam and then drive towards them down the middle of the road, or if they are behind me then put on my rear fog light and then slow down to make them slow.down.

You're worse than them........Think about what your doing please.....So you blind them (and any other drivers that might be in front or behind them) and drive at them down the middle of the road? :wacko:

Absolute stupidity!

Edited by Sam Mcgoo
  • Like 2

what really rubs my rhubarb is when someone has decided to change a headlight bulb themselves and puts it in upside down thinking it's correct. Then, whilst driving along, this pillock in the other direction has one light that looks like it's on high beam and one that's not. Dazzling everyone in his path without realising. :thumbdown:

Highway Code extract

1. Overview (226)

Maybe so but surely that is referring to "foggy" conditions or "heavy rain" situations.

Too many people think as soon as it gets a little dark they'll put the fog lights on! Wtf? :shrug: Not to mention the idiots driving around in the day time with them on.

god! people driving around with headlights/fogs on in the day time because it's "safer" so is walking around with a high vis and hardhat but nobody does that just because it's "safer". I once saw someone driving with their headlights on, on a sunny day, with sunglasses on!! :rant: if you can't see 1.5 ton of metal coming towards you without its lights on you need to have your eyes syringed. Edited by Rock_Steady
  • Like 1

I once saw someone driving with their headlights on, on a sunny day, with sunglasses on!! :rant: if you can't see 1.5 ton of metal coming towards you without its lights on you need to have your eyes syringed.

I dare say they had their lights on for your benefit, not because they couldn't see. On a sunny day, if the sun is low in the sky, the sun can be blinding if your driving towards it making it pretty difficult to see oncoming traffic unless they have their headlights on.

I know if i'm driving, and the sun is bright and low in the sky behind me, I put my headlights on so people can see me. And yes....I also wear sun glasses. ;)

• Like 1

Front fogs/driving lights as some call them don't bother me at all. They are usually low down, well bellow eye level and if they are adjusted correctly then they point down at the road and curb just a few meters in front of car so do not blind on coming traffic and actually light up the curb and road markings which is where you need the extra light.

Me too on the front, they dont bother me.

what really rubs my rhubarb is when someone has decided to change a headlight bulb themselves and puts it in upside down thinking it's correct. Then, whilst driving along, this pillock in the other direction has one light that looks like it's on high beam and one that's not. Dazzling everyone in his path without realising. :thumbdown:

Would putting a bulb in upside down cause that? The beam pattern is in the reflector/projector not the bulb. The light comes out the bulb in all directions

Sounds more like the alignment needing done

Me too on the front, they dont bother me.

Yea me neither

I think this thing in china is more aimed at drivers who tailgate everyone trying to barge past, full beams on until they let you past. That was the norm when I was there :lol: