Advice on best Camera to buy !!!!

Xashskylinex

It sounds to me like the OP has not the first clue about cameras. A DSLR is not what he wants he needs something simple and easy to use for decent results.I would suggest one of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004G8Q61E/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=32B70XP4Z9FZG&coliid=I36YPTS4THT911 Which would be more than adequate and serve not just for his purpose but for if he got the photography bug. It's a cracking camera for the money.

^^^ As above, anything like that will do. Just get one from the big two (Nikon or Canon) and you won't go far wrong.

DSLR is miles overkill for simple shot. Tbh most smartphones have decent enough cameras these days, certainly the flagship Samsung/LG/Apple ones.

Fat fingers on iphone !!!!!

Mods can you change

Edit your first post and you can change the title of the thread

As for a camera I use a Canon Ixus which is small enough to keep in your pocket and is quite good for someone who is not a photographer

For what he wants a bridge camera is perfect. I have tried the Nikon,Canon and Fuji's and pound for pound the Fuji's are light years ahead, and in some cases way better then the best the 'big two' can offer. OP, read the reviews on the Amazon page I linked to earlier and see if that sounds like what you are after.

he said its got to be a good one well best you will get a is a DSLR

Well, no actually.

With all the different things you can muck around with on a DSLR, it's only as good as the person using it. If you have no idea what you're doing with it (like the OP sounds like, with all due respect) then you're just going to get really poor results. A decent point and click camera will yield better results than any DSLR in the hands of someone who can compose a good shot but has no idea what f-stops, depth of field and the like mean.

What he really needs isn't the flashest whizziest DSLR he can find, as any of them are miles out of budget. A solid point and click with a good lens will do the job very nicely.

• Like 1

I went through 3 cameras on my build - I would advise you don't buy an expensive one!!!

Camera No1 - Launched out of my hand and into a puddle whilst carrying a coffee and bunch of new parts to the garage.

Camera No2 - £20 from Argos - launched into a wall by yours truly after it refused to work for about the 10th time (wouldn't switch on)

Camera No3 - Victim of a tragic accident involving paint thinners an electric mixer and a distracted operated (Me again :blush: )

Camera No4 - Real up market bit of kit - £29.99 inc delivery from fleabay - still going strong (for now :lol: )

O and besides this lot always complain about my bad pics if you have a cheap one you can blame it on the camera - I did :)

Edited by Keyser