A car in build that i'm sure most of you will like!

Peak 370

A guy in Newport Beach California is restoring a rather tired Ultima. He is doing a lot himself but the engine is being done as we speak by a Yank V8 expert in L.A. His goal is 800 bhp and 1,000kgs.

He looked at the engine possibilities, turbo, twin turbo, but settled on the simpler SC route by using a 2011 6.2 unit.

SC robs power by nature but works lag-free from idle.

He also has a Nissan 370, a 2009.

I get to drive the Ultima next visit.

:-)

A/ I hate photography.

2/ I haven't seen it I the flesh.

3/ The relatively few car/bike photos I do have i cannot get on here, I have tried.

It should be easer to do, not rely on joining a third party site.

Problem with hosting stuff from here is that when, like the other board Im admin on, you have up to 500,000 visits per month over 12 years with god knows how many pics being posted the cost of hosting all those pictures gets a bit pricey ;)

All you need is the picture in the bar above, click that and youll get a popup for the URL, bang that in and youre away :)

This had the potential to be an interesting thread.

But without pictures or spec or build sheet details or a link to somewhere there could be those things then what is the point?

And if you dislike the features of our forum so much (selling rules and photo uploading being 2 you have mentioned in past 24 hrs) may I suggest this might not be the place for you?

By all means stay and enjoy the site, and continue to make suggestions. But don't be shocked if they are not acted upon :)

• Like 2

Lexx, you may well be right, I will decide in due course whether I continue to give my time to this site. I am a moderator on 2 other car forums so i am not exactly bored! Yes, I do think a photo with your name on a piece of paper is silly for most items. Nether site above ask for that. So why here?

Maybe you should remove the ''suggestions'' section if ideas which members have grate with you so much?

Easier uploading and less ads rules and red tape would be much better. I won't lie.

Lexx, you may well be right, I will decide in due course whether I continue to give my time to this site. I am a moderator on 2 other car forums so i am not exactly bored! Yes, I do think a photo with your name on a piece of paper is silly for most items. Nether site above ask for that. So why here?

Mate, if youre a mod on two other sites then you should know how bastard annoying it is to have relative n00bs question the site rules that have been voted and decided on by the admin team ;)

And TBF the uploading of pics on here is exactly the same as every other VBB site over the last 10 years, if you cant figure out how to click a button that looks like a postcard you might want to go careful next time youre charging your phone up that your fingers dont slip into the plug socket ;)

• Like 3

But also, I won't suggest anything again, obviously!

:wacko:

Or alternatively you could just learn how to post a photo on here. If I can do it, anyone can. I think there is a thread somewhere with instructions that even my mother-in-law could follow. Registering for, uploading photos to and using Photobucket to copy the appropriate links into this forum is remarkably easy.

Maybe you should remove the ''suggestions'' section if ideas which members have grate with you so much?

Easier uploading and less ads rules and red tape would be much better. I won't lie.

We welcome suggestions. Much of the forum is based on members suggestions over the years....including the rules about selling items.

I'm not much bothered how many other forums you moderate, it's not a pissing contest. And I honestly couldn't care a damn how they moderate the selling of items.

This is how we do it here. We even had a review only a few months ago and members where polled on if they would like it changed.....they didn't.

As I have stated before - keep the suggestions coming by all means, we welcome them from all members.

I will decide in due course whether I continue to give my time to this site. I am a moderator on 2 other car forums so i am not exactly bored! Yes, I do think a photo with your name on a piece of paper is silly for most items. Nether site above ask for that. So why here?

Because that's the rule for this site. It has served the vast majority of members well, both as buyers and sellers. Maybe it would be appropriate to ask why neither of the two sites you moderate on don't employ such a basic protection against fraudulent activity? Seems a no brainer to me.

• Like 1

A/ I hate photography.

2/ I haven't seen it I the flesh.

3/ The relatively few car/bike photos I do have i cannot get on here, I have tried.

It should be easer to do, not rely on joining a third party site.

:yawn: sadly

Best ever

'I have friends in America and I'm rich enough to visit several times a year', 'I have access to nicer cars than you', 'I can't be bothered to take a photo', 'I don't know my A-B-C and keep getting the alphabet mixed up with my 1-2-3', 'I don't think your forum is moderated very well', 'I moderate more forums than you', 'I can drive better than you'

thread ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by ATTAK Z
  • Like 9

Has he gone yet? God I really hope he's gone.

I'm going to start a thread that goes like "My mate Geoff who is a world champion astronauteer has built a 27L Astra VXR but I can't post pics because, like, I'm too cool and obvs I'm far too busy with running Google on an ad-hoc basis to do that anyway".

Anyone interested in that one?

• Like 3

This guy isn't going to last much longer, he's subtle willy waving about how rich he is and links to America seem to finally grating people :lol:

Yet, we're the twats because we want people to prove they've got the actual item they're trying to sell...

God, I could have some fun with this :lol: