Too dam hot!!!

Tricky-Ricky

I try to avoid washing the car in the sun.

Thought I was being clever yesterday, I know I'll wait until 9pm when the sun is going down and wash the car then, never read the weather report. Couple of hours later the thunderstorm started........

• Like 1

Thought I was being clever yesterday, I know I'll wait until 9pm when the sun is going down and wash the car then, never read the weather report. Couple of hours later the thunderstorm started........

That's what I did now it's dirty as **** again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've invested in a breathable car cover for mine for just this reason. Been using it for six months and it's been excellent. Just need to make sure the car is clean when you put it on to avoid scratches.

I've invested in a breathable car cover for mine for just this reason. Been using it for six months and it's been excellent. Just need to make sure the car is clean when you put it on to avoid scratches.

How much ?

Id much rather be back in turkey were it was 40+ for 2 weeks but bearable where it was such a crisp and fresh heat whereas here its so humid i mean its pissing down in london and im still sweating my balls off! I think its that lovely cussion of polution we live under in the uk lol.

How much ?

Fifty quid. This one. Large size fits my Nismo very well. http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-styling/car-covers-tarpaulins/halfords-advanced-all-seasons-car-cover-large

Before anyone says it, I know Halfords aren't great but I wanted to try an inexpensive cover with a view to getting a better one if it turned out ok. I've been so pleased with this one that I won't bother to upgrade. I had to make a window in it to show the tax disc and our parking permit but that wasn't difficult. It's great being able to wash the car and know that it won't be dirty again in half an hour. It's also made the car anonymous in the road whereas before it was getting a lot of attention. Nobody gives it a second look now, which suits me when I'm not there to keep an eye on it. Six months on and it's working great.

Might do a mini review thread in case anyone else is interested.

Edited by sipar69

Interesting, I'm looking at a cover for my Z too as I only use it briefly at the weekends now. The 'fitted' covers I've seen and the genuine Nissan ones are really expensive but that Halfords one seems really reasonable, just worried about damaging my paintwork. Should be fine as I clean it every Sunday before parking it up for the week.

Edited by Jp606

Still 30c outside and 29c in my living room here in Norfolk, with all the windows open and two fans going full tilt, time for air con i think.

I bought Blyss air con from B&Q the other day..if you looking at it my advise AVOID AVOID...It so ****ing loud,like i fighter jet,even on low setting..Will give it back on monday!

Still 30c outside and 29c in my living room here in Norfolk, with all the windows open and two fans going full tilt, time for air con i think.

I bought Blyss air con from B&Q the other day..if you looking at it my advise AVOID AVOID...It so ****ing loud,like i fighter jet,even on low setting..Will give it back on monday!

Thanks! One for the avoid list.

Honestly it's been fine for me. The cover has turned out to be better than I expected. I usually just drive at the weekends so the car gets washed, cover goes on and it's nice and clean next time I drive it.

The only issue with the Halfords cover is the straps. The buckles are plastic and it's not easy to pass them under the car because they're too light. My solution has been to cut the buckles off and just tie the straps to the alloys. Works great even in strong winds. :)

• Like 1