370Z Nismo - Black

WINKJ

Shocked the exhaust is so quiet. Looks very nice though.

Is Leather an option with the Nismo?

The exhaust is better sounding than the standard 370 but still fairly quiet. Cloth seats only (for me the only thing better about the newer variant Nismo in the U.S. is the seats).

• Like 1

Nope but I actually prefer the cloth over the leather I had in my 350, I obviously would prefer leather brides or recaros but compared to the standard leather I would spec these. I hope you all can drive one at some point as you will be surprised as how much of a development they are. I will try and get to some more shows this year. Ps- I already have the black badges waiting to be put on when I get chance

Nope but I actually prefer the cloth over the leather I had in my 350, I obviously would prefer leather brides or recaros but compared to the standard leather I would spec these. I hope you all can drive one at some point as you will be surprised as how much of a development they are. I will try and get to some more shows this year. Ps- I already have the black badges waiting to be put on when I get chance

They don't do all leather in the 370, just the bolsters are leather, nicer than the all leather imo

Oh ok I wasn't sure. I'd prefer alcantara over leather as I used to love my seats in my FN2 Civic Type R. Those do look nice and comfy all the same and wouldn't bother me having cloth seats over leather :) I'd love to try a 370Z to see what they're like in comparison.

Didn't know that they weren't all leather. I am not a fair judge though as I owned a 350z and bought that instead of a 370z which I only test drove once, and didn't drive too enthusiastically. But from what I remember on the 79 and having owned a 350 HR, it's a new league. Sipar can comment between a 370 and a 370N better than I can .

Trust me on the exhaust, I put @ 9k miles on my Nismo in 8 months, coked up and matured nicely. Leather seats would be nice, but only for the heated nature in winter.

The cloth seats are ok, don't miss the 1/2 leather at all. Best Z car so far, without a doubt. You enjoy it mate.

The only thing, that I would say that is slightly negative, the wheels look a bit lost on a black car, was the same when I had my other 70. But again, probably completely different in the flesh, still stunning.

If the nismo came with a choice between leather and the special sticky fabric seats that the nismo comes with It would be the fabric every time, The last thing you need in a track focused car is leather seats,

I have fitted 10mm spacers on the back of mine and I think your black beast would suit a set on the back as well (imho) Car looks great though hopefully see It at a meet as your not far from me,

Edited by api330

Trust me on the exhaust, I put @ 9k miles on my Nismo in 8 months, coked up and matured nicely. Leather seats would be nice, but only for the heated nature in winter.

The cloth seats are ok, don't miss the 1/2 leather at all. Best Z car so far, without a doubt. You enjoy it mate.

The only thing, that I would say that is slightly negative, the wheels look a bit lost on a black car, was the same when I had my other 70. But again, probably completely different in the flesh, still stunning.

But 9,000 miles might be 12-18 months' driving for many owners - a long time to wait for the zorst to go all Kate Moss?

I'd take the leather and alcantara seats from my previous Black Edition given the choice. The cloth seats are very comfortable but I prefer the look of leather/alcantara and being a clean freak I don't like the way the cloth seats are a magnet for every single particle of dust and fluff that gets anywhere near them. It's a small niggle though about what is otherwise a car that puts a huge smile on my face every time I go anywhere near it. :)

I don't personally think that the exhaust would ever have got to a point where I was happy with it. G-Man is obviously happy with his and I expect other Nismo owners are as well, but I felt the car needed to sound substantially more sporty to match its looks. I don't regret the additional spend though - it was definitely worth it for me.

Edited by sipar69

But 9,000 miles might be 12-18 months' driving for many owners - a long time to wait for the zorst to go all Kate Moss?

True, then buy an exhaust for the 9k miles, but there isn't a need really, unless it's to annoy the neighbours.

Thanks for that, Are you or any other nismo owners going up to japfest on Sunday, Would be good to get a nismo convoy going up there, (I could hear your car on the way up as well)

Not me unfortunately. Got boring in-law duties.