Scratch Advice

neo-ninja

Hello All!

Really awkward scenario, got some new breaks and pads fitted by my regular garage - that I know and trust very well (they work on a fair few 350z).

The car was dropped off, I got in it to move it park it in my space and as I got out I noticed right infront of the drivers window on the bonnet what almost looks like someone has taken a brillow pad to it pretty lightly in a circle motion. (almost like they have rested the break pad on the top not thinking and its moved slightly.)

You cant feel the scratches with your nail.

Now its awkward as I am 99% certain it wasn't there before, so am going to call the garage tomorrow, but as they are almost mates its a tricky situation.

I will try to get a picture tomorrow, im wondering what the best way to even tackle getting rid of it?

Edited by neo-ninja

• 1 year later...

Megs ultimate compound works well.

anybody apply this by hand on a Z?

got some bird deposit marks on mine would like to remove

I'd try this if I was you...

vk24n.jpg

You can get it at Halfords cheaply enough.

If you want something a bit more in depth you could try the Megs 3 step program which I really like.

detailing_27.jpg

:thumbs:

Yep I'd go with a good cutting compound and cutting pad on a dual action polish. Even something like meguiars ultimate compound worked in well with a second run over with a lighter pad and polish should take away the majority of scratches.

I know because I took a good dozen off the car yesterday using this method.

:thumbs:

Always Always get someone from the dealership to check your car over taking note of imperfections before you leave it. I've been caught out a couple of times so do this each time now. It's the only way to avoid confrontation afterwards.