RX8 gone after 2 1/2 yrs, finally got a Zed :)

WOW !!! The torque, power, steering, braking and handling :) Still smiling

My first post on what looks like an amazing owners forum... did a lot of research on here before I bought and read lots of interesting posts. Didn't take long to find what I wanted which was a pre 2006 (horrendous £490 car tax) and wasn't too fussed on the post 2005 uprev engine or pre 2005...

Ended up with a Le Mans Sunset 2004 350Z UK GT with Black Leather. Just 43,500 miles and a Full NISSAN service history! Full Milltek Exhaust @ £850 was fitted 6 months ago (previous owner was recommended to do this as was cheaper then OEM NISSAN's)... my God it sounds amazing on throttle open!

Already done the following this week...

SGS Uprated Tailgate Dampers

Modified Tailgate Poppers (2 x polyurethane washer inside)

Aero Blade Wipers (front & rear)

Had the classic issue of the boot trying to eat me and also having to open it with 2 hands!!! All sorted now :)

Well here are a few pics of it, and I'm Curtis btw ...

post-22390-0-04767200-1401544294_thumb.jpg

post-22390-0-79799700-1401544296_thumb.jpg

post-22390-0-77441800-1401544298_thumb.jpg

Edited by CurtisZ

Hello to all and thanks for the welcome... I have read on an EVO or WhatCar article that this was probably one of the best car forums in terms of members and informative post... may the journey begin :)

Well as for me, JAP cars are in my heart and I've always loved a Nissan... leaned to drive on my dads Bluebird and bought a 120Y as my first Car (welded-up diff with a Webber carb and straight through exhaust) I was 17 and I loved it back then! ... past 8 years has been classic Impreza STi, newage Impreza STi and my dearest RX-8 (231) ...

Just gonna spend a few hundred and get the wheels refurb'd in a very bright silver and have 25/20 spacers fitted... think that will be it for now, but I really do know how it is! ha ... for £7,700 can't stop saying wow :)

Hello and welcome. What did you think of your RX8. Most people say they are great drivers cars but drink oil and fuel.

Loved my Rex... took a while to learn how to drive it, i.e. torque (or lack there of) is very high up the rev range! But it's so light and rev happy, as for the handling... superb! Just needed more power and torque... as for the oil and fuel, 24mpg max (which I never ever saw) and about a litre of oil per 1000 miles. An amazing car but was just time to move on :)

Would love to put that engine and transmission into a Caterham style kit car!

Hello and welcome. What did you think of your RX8. Most people say they are great drivers cars but drink oil and fuel.

Loved my Rex... took a while to learn how to drive it, i.e. torque (or lack there of) is very high up the rev range! But it's so light and rev happy, as for the handling... superb! Just needed more power and torque... as for the oil and fuel, 24mpg max (which I never ever saw) and about a litre of oil per 1000 miles. An amazing car but was just time to move on :)

Would love to put that engine and transmission into a Caterham style kit car!

Cool, thank you. I've considered an RX8 for track as they can be had for silly money now. I guess the fuel and oil would not be such an issue then :)