Your Number One Mod

pjf1985

Brakes and suspension for me, so I suppose the number one combination mod is dynamics.

I have yellowstuff and EBC BSD blades (with mandatory HEL braided lines and Motul 660). Excellent they are - really strong and progressive.

I love Eibach ARBs - a good 20% improvement to corner flatness, but they did exacerbated NVH with my previously stock JDM suspension. Got tedious after a year of everyday. So, remedy was MeisterR Zeta S coilovers to soften it just a touch (adjustably), which I fitted recently. The combination is well worth it IMHO (should hope so too for the - in the scheme if things - reasonable money). Lovely ride now. :thumbs:

Loads of other mods - but the above are my fave.

Still pondering a stupid-charger (as the wife puts it) though.... :lol:

• Like 1

Got to be the Eibach ARBs I think, made such a positive difference. Exhaust is a close second. Going for an UpRev next week so that could top it all. :)

Edited by Jp606

I'm rea

Got to be the Eibach ARBs I think, made such a positive difference. Exhaust is a close second. Going for an UpRev next week so that could top it all. :)

I'm really tempted by ARB upgrades, but fear her being too stiff and somewhat skittish, no problems at all? I like the OEM ride, but I don't like the degree of roll permitted. How does it behave near the edge, is breakaway still progressive or much less forgiving?

I'm rea

I'm really tempted by ARB upgrades, but fear her being too stiff and somewhat skittish, no problems at all? I like the OEM ride, but I don't like the degree of roll permitted. How does it behave near the edge, is breakaway still progressive or much less forgiving?

Sorry for the late reply, only just saw this.

It won't make the drive any more stiff like stiffer springs do, it just tightens up body roll in cornering, rides like OEM otherwise and then when you want to push the car they allow a much better drive. The beauty of the Eibach ARBs is that they are adjustable, medium suits me fine for fast road and normal driving. You can switch them to fully stiff if you are going on the track. The rear can be a bit more lively as obviously it is tighter so they will take a little getting used to if you like to 'drive' your car, but it is more predictable now I've found (although this could just be from experience) Turn in improves, steering is very precise and understeer is pretty much non existent with them set to medium.