Zed on the way

mikejbry

Ok, after being unsure with the orange 350z I viewed last week I viewed another this evening and put a deposit down! Pick it up tomorrow night after work, looking forward to it!

Here it is,

10345743_10152005401436193_2654320672032776763_n_zpsa56b1ecc.jpg

Thats just a photo from the Ad, will get some proper photos tomorrow. It needs a service, so I will book it in for a p3 asap, can anyone recommend a decent indy in the Somerset/Bristol area? It also has a very small car park ding in the passenger door, about 10mm wide, will get a quote at a decent bodyshop to see what it would cost to tidy up, other than that its pretty bang on!

The details:

350z GT 313

38k on the clock

58 plate, registered late Decemeber 2008

Orange interior

No sat nav

Compared to the 06 model I drove last week, which had an extra 30k on the clock, this felt tighter, the clutch felt lots better, I fell in love with it

Roll on tomorrow!

We agreed at £9k, which I was very happy with but I have hit a bit of a stumble.

Hpi'd it on hpicheck.com this lunchtime (I read the one he did at the time he purchased it and all was fine), but it came up with a mileage discrepancy.

Date recorded Mileage reading Total

20/Apr/2011 23,000 23,000

19/Jun/2012 39,800 39,800

19/Jul/2012 30,000 30,000

July 2012 30,000 miles, this was the month the owner bought the car

I rang him promptly and he assured me not to worry about the deposit I gave him or anything, he sounded gutted to be fair to him.

Waiting to hear from him later tonight so he can check what he has, but if I'm honest it's enough to put me off even if he does seem genuine.... Bugger....it drove lovely as well, so next step get my deposit back, and carry on looking I think.

What do you guys think? Walk?

Edited by mikejbry

Where does HPI get the milage from, It could be a data input error.

Is there any service history, invoices etc to back up the milage ?

I rang HPI, they stated that mileage records can come from 3rd parties such as people doing hpi checks (presumably if they input mileage), services, MOT's, v5 transfers (if someone fills in the mileage) etc

Going to get him to email me the v5 number/mot cert number and look on http://motinfo.direct.gov.uk/internet/servlet/ECHIDDispatcher

To me it looks likes it's entirely possible that the mileage could have been inputted incorrectly in June, i.e 39,800 instead of 29,800? meh I don't know, are these easy to clock? or is a simple swap of clocks all it takes?

There are 3 stamps in the book, 10k, 20k and 30k, I'll ask for info regarding where they were done and exactly when.

Ok, just had a chat to him, he is going to send me my deposit back and I said I would think about what to do next.

Here is all the information I have from VOSA (backed up by his mot certs) and the service book and service receipts he has:

First registered 30/12/2008

Service Nissan Glynn Hopkin Ltd 14/07/09 10,337 miles

Service Nissan Glynn Hopkin Ltd 29/07/10 21,087 miles

MOT 05/07/12 29,908 miles

Service Independant 01/08/12 30,322 miles

He bought the car after using mycarcheck with no problems 14/10/12

MOT 24/07/13 35,500 miles

I think the car seems legit, unless the previous owner before him was trying to cover up another missed service, but hardly seems worth it for 9k miles, looks like an input error somewhere?

Seems like a good price for an HR and you've driven it. You said the clutch feels ok and the car feels tighter so I wouldn't really worry. They go on for ages so there'd be no reason to clock it anyway.