A Tool question

Dicky

I wouldn't buy any other impact gun other than snap-on, they're pricey though

I love Snap On products too but as you say they are pricey. I've bought some genuine Snap On tools (mainly wrenches) from eBay before though at reasonable prices.

There are a few cordless Snap On impact wrenches on there now as it goes. Auction prices starting at £100 and up. ;)

• Like 1

Well at least I know what there called now, I was looking under hammer drill. I'll check them out. I'm also thinking of getting a pair of those drive on ramps, the ones you put a drill on to wind them up. There about £300 as I recall someone posting a while back. The problem is that money is just flying out at the moment oddly enough just after deciding to do my own servicing to save dosh.

(see my post in the Servicing section if you want a laugh at my expense)

Ho Hum.

• Like 1

I wouldn't buy any other impact gun other than snap-on, they're pricey though

As what Neil has said, I have tried most of them and none get even close to Snap On, however probably more than you will require if it is just for occasional use.

Alex. :)

When I think hard on it I've come to realise there's a certain sense of accomplishment when you struggle against the impossible nut or bolt, and what's wrong with breaker bars and good old fashioned No9 work boots on the end of a chewed up spanner anyway.

Impact guns are for wimps!............I think. :)

Always helps to have a 4 foot scaffold pole in stock for when the breaker bar aint enough.

Looking on the bay and i see that torque multiplyer`s are getting cheap. Could be an alternative to the above !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Torque-Amplifier-Multiplier-Car-Garage-Wheel-Wrench-Tool-Kit-13Pc-Set-Hand-Winch-/331012423742?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item4d11e0c03e

Always helps to have a 4 foot scaffold pole in stock for when the breaker bar aint enough.

Looking on the bay and i see that torque multiplyer`s are getting cheap. Could be an alternative to the above !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Torque-Amplifier-Multiplier-Car-Garage-Wheel-Wrench-Tool-Kit-13Pc-Set-Hand-Winch-/331012423742?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item4d11e0c03e

Sounds Interesting but never heard of them. Had a look at the link but can't figure how they work. Can you enlighten me please?

Thats what I always use. :thumbs:

To be honest I do have a compressor and an impact gun which runs off it, but I seldom ever use it. Much prefer the manual brute force method.

Thats what I always use. :thumbs:

To be honest I do have a compressor and an impact gun which runs off it, but I seldom ever use it. Much prefer the manual brute force method.

It depends what you're doing I guess, as I always used to do it manually too. Until I went for a weekend of drifting and bruised the palms of my hands with all the changes I was doing and very quickly realised I couldn't get the nuts fully tight as I was easing off because my hands hurt so much. Now I have a breaker bar just to check the gun has them tight enough.

• Like 1