Really angry...

Rock_Steady

..with myself! So, monday morning, i'm at my dad's place getting the water off the zed. A few pre-flight checks before take off. I'm reversing slowly out of the drive way, for some strange reason the radio kicks in, I reach over to turn it off, with a wet shoe on the clutch pedal it slips off and wham! backed straight into my old man's 330d BMW that he spent all day polishing. I felt awful. I couldn't believe it. I ease forward and get out. I rush over to the Beemer and find a basket ball size dent in the rear offside door. I look at the back of my Zed. Nothing, no damage apart from a small scratch that I was able to T-cut out. Oh boy was I pi**ed off with myself. I'm usually really careful. So I had to tell him but he wasn't awake yet. When I heard him get up, I made him a cup of tea and broke the news to him, which he took with amazing calmness. I gave him some money to buy a new door and he found one in London he's going to collect today but me oh my, what royal **** up that was. I don't suppose anyone else has done something in a similar vein?

Edited by Rock_Steady

As a Dad to a 34year old boy racer you did two things that saved your life,

1- you made him a cup of tea to soften him up.

2- something that not many sons do, you paid for the damage.

The bonus is that your still in the inheritance money, or maybe not, perhaps Dads still got one up his sleeve ;).

• Like 3

The bonus is that your still in the inheritance money, or maybe not, perhaps Dads still got one up his sleeve ;).

:lol:

Are you the only child OP?

You might need to do a bit more sweet talking.

On a serious note, these things happen, I reversed into a shelf in the garage a few weeks ago.

Sometimes I hate owning a car I like so much just makes things like this so emotional!

Erm ... Didn't someone's son drive their zed into a washing machine ;).

Accidents happen .,. No one hurt, just you're pride

And didn't a similar thing happen with someone reversing with the door open ! And their foot slipped and the door hit a wall :(

• Like 1

I think we all did similar stuff at some point - I had my brand new in 2001 MR2 roadster just 2 months old and foolishly used to take the hardtop off by myself - not really heavy but bulky, you know whats coming dont you? I lifted it, a fly buzzed near my face I swerved a fraction, hardtop catch (underneath one side) slid across the top of the rear wing ! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!! Then I set fire to my VW Split Screen van whilst welding the front apron (not knowing the previous owner had waxoyed behind it) the list goes on!

At least nobody got hurt, things can be repaired humans not so easily! :)

• Like 2

I opened the door of my dads brand new Toyota RAV4 in to the bar around one of those "trolley spaces" in a B&Q car park.. not used to being in such a high up car and the bar was below the window level and didn't think to look down.. Made a nasty dent in the edge of the door, with some chipped paint. He was not best pleased but I gave him money to get it fixed.. @*!# happens and all you can do is say sorry and pay for the damage.

Bought a brand new Fiesta back in the day (when you used to get a years free insurance, ideal when you were 19). My Dad had left it in gear and I started it without putting my foot on the clutch (it was in 1st). Bang into the wall 2 foot in front of me. Done the front end in. It was only 2 weeks old.. :lol:

I reversed over my dads lawn mower last week. Don't worry, it's fine :D

Just Awesome - dunno why but I read down the comments then this one really made me laugh :thumbs:

We all do it I reversed my pickup into the skip in front of the house - it's been there 5 months I should be used to it.

Smashed the tail light cluster that was it - thought this will be expensive - £25.00 delivered including VAT even had 3 bulbs in it when it got here - Got away lightly with that one :D

Edited by Keyser

Remember when the 300Zx first came out was on my way to work in the van on the A40 saw a 300 in the outside lane in a traffic jam so pulled alongside him wound down window and tried to throw a Z Club wanted card into his car my foot slipped and drove into the side of his car

needless to say he did not join the club

• Like 4

Has anybody seen the You Tube video of this kid getting a new Ford Mustang and then driving it straight through the garage?

I'm not tech savvy and somebody needs to post it as it is amazing. Poor sod.

Things happen. At least the Zed is okay, :p

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Just Awesome - dunno why but I read down the comments then this one really made me laugh :thumbs:

We all do it I reversed my pickup into the skip in front of the house - it's been there 5 months I should be used to it.

Smashed the tail light cluster that was it - thought this will be expensive - £25.00 delivered including VAT even had 3 bulbs in it when it got here - Got away lightly with that one :D

HOW!?!?! As you said, it's been there ages!! Parking at your place, the skip is the least of my worries :lol:

On a serious note, these things happen, I reversed into a shelf in the garage a few weeks ago.

Sometimes I hate owning a car I like so much just makes things like this so emotional!

Don't know why, but such a simple accident made me laugh :lol::sorry:

HOW!?!?! As you said, it's been there ages!! Parking at your place, the skip is the least of my worries :lol:

Don't know why, but such a simple accident made me laugh :lol::sorry:

I'll forgive you as you're beard is far superior to mine :)

Edited by Flex
  • Like 1

Remember when the 300Zx first came out was on my way to work in the van on the A40 saw a 300 in the outside lane in a traffic jam so pulled alongside him wound down window and tried to throw a Z Club wanted card into his car my foot slipped and drove into the side of his car

needless to say he did not join the club

That's an absolute classic Steve :lol:

I remember thinking it was a great idea to have a fully removable bonnet on my old mini cooper. Made access to the engine bay much easier......

..... until one day I took the bonnet off, did some work on the car, then drove straight over my bonnet as I had forgotten id put it behind the car. doh...

• Like 2

A number of years ago, I was sneakily trying to leave some roses (Valentines day) for the girl I was house sharing with.

Trying to do it as clandestine as possible, I placed the flowers in the boot at the florests, and drove home.

Reversing onto the drive so that I could quickly remove from boat and leave them in the house.

Drive was on quite a steep angle.....

lot of rpm....

wet shoes on metal clutch pedal....

Twatted the house and did £400 of damage to the RX8.

Most expensive flowers I ever bought a girl.

• Like 2

A number of years ago, I was sneakily trying to leave some roses (Valentines day) for the girl I was house sharing with.

Trying to do it as clandestine as possible, I placed the flowers in the boot at the florests, and drove home.

Reversing onto the drive so that I could quickly remove from boat and leave them in the house.

Drive was on quite a steep angle.....

lot of rpm....

wet shoes on metal clutch pedal....

Twatted the house and did £400 of damage to the RX8.

Most expensive flowers I ever bought a girl.

OUCH!!! Those damn slippy pedals why wont car manufacturers make nonslip pedals so you can drive in muddy wet wellies and not have accidents!! :lol: