Please vote for Wasso and his polishing skills.... (WINNER!!)

Wasso

Ha ha I knew the "Free Polishing" requests would come along.

Yes Paddy is dead right, I should have said actually and I do apologise matey. Paddy helped bump up the votes mid way through to the 350z community on FB, which earned some extra votes that's for sure.

In fact Paddy, let me know if there's anything that you'd like "touched up" - in fact, send me that strut brace you've got for sale and I'll give that a refresh for you. How's that, considering your sterling efforts and capturing the votes from across the water.

Ian, I was only joking. You 100% deserved to win and I was more than happy to help highlight your excellent work to other Zed owners!

I tell you what, as and long as you're happy with this... You refresh the strut and then we sell / auction it and give the proceeds to the Wales charity? :thumbs:

• Like 6

Yes Paddy is dead right, I should have said actually and I do apologise matey. Paddy helped bump up the votes mid way through to the 350z community on FB, which earned some extra votes that's for sure.

In fact Paddy, let me know if there's anything that you'd like "touched up" - in fact, send me that strut brace you've got for sale and I'll give that a refresh for you. How's that, considering your sterling efforts and capturing the votes from across the water.

Ian, I was only joking. You 100% deserved to win and I was more than happy to help highlight your excellent work to other Zed owners!

I tell you what, as and long as you're happy with this... You refresh the strut and then we sell / auction it and give the proceeds to the Wales charity? :thumbs:

Nice one Paddy, awesome in fact!

Congratulations Ian, well deserved for sure! Anyway back In your cave and get polishing :p

:lol: don't worry about voting, competition ended 30th April and I won through various channels of voters.

:clap:

The plenum won't go yellow. The issue is oxidisation which Aluminium will suffer as it's exposed to moisture, air and varying temperatures.

The way to maintain the shine is by using a high quality Carnauba wax to seal the plenum from the exposing elements. Clean with speed detailer and apply wax as and when needed.

If oxidisation occurs attend to it immediately with AutoGlym Metal Polish. I've used a few metal polished for subsequent maintenance and AG metal polish has given the best results.

Once the AG metal polish has been applied and rubbed off. Apply the Wax again to seal. The wax must be Carnauba based to ensure maximum protection.

wouldn't a high temp clear coat paint spray offer a more permanent solution ?

It would, but I've found lacquer dull's down the polished effect, not by much, but if you want a super shiny plenum, raw and bare is the best option.

just spotted this. Congrats, a very worthy winner :thumbs:

Thanks matey :)

It would, but I've found lacquer dull's down the polished effect, not by much, but if you want a super shiny plenum, raw and bare is the best option.

I like raw and bare :thumbs:

Kinky! :lol:

Kinky! :lol:

depends on your "view point" and which side you bat for ;)

Edited by ioneabee

Just had an email from Metal Polishing Supplies advising me of Ian's win, congrats again mate :thumbs:

:lol: you're a customer too lol :thumbs:

The director rang me yesterday for pics..... I even wrote up the process but they chose not to include it shamefully, considering the time taken to write it!!

Just had an email from Metal Polishing Supplies advising me of Ian's win, congrats again mate :thumbs:

The director rang me yesterday for pics..... I even wrote up the process but they chose not to include it shamefully, considering the time taken to write it!!

Thats a bit crap, but oh well, free stuff :D

• Like 1

Thats a bit crap, but oh well, free stuff :D

Exactly, new bench polisher with 6" fitment and the necessary mops and compounds. I'll now have 3 machines. The main reason for a 3rd is the machines get fairly hot. Previously with one machine I'd need to wait 30 minutes before it had cooled down. With 3 on the bench it allows me to keep the process moving, especially with doing a plenum for instance.

Maybe you need to polish up your writing skills?....................I'll get my coat. :surrender:

Top man Paddy :thumbs: