If you had a choice

-Bradders-

I've really got my heart set on a 350z, but had a look at similar cars in the mean time, if you had a choice of which car, what one would it be

350z

Toyota supra twin turbo

s2000

?

By similar i mean price range lol

Edited by -Bradders-

I've really got my heart set on a 350z, but had a look at similar cars in the mean time, if you had a choice of which car, what one would it be

350z

Toyota supra twin turbo

s2000

By similar i mean price range lol

You're on a 350z forum so the majority may not have had the s2000 or Supra. I'm sure all cars have pros and cons.

Edited by Leosille

If I want a sports car, I'd buy the S2K.

If I want a GT, I'd buy a Zed.

If I had to have a turbo, I'd buy the Supra.

All three are on my list for my next car. I still keep coming back to the Zed though, purely because it excites me in a way the others do not. That doesn't make it better, or my choice the correct one, but there's something about it that ticks my boxes.

• Like 3

yeah thats how i see it, i like supras, thats my ultimate life goal car, but they're just past that age where things get a little too old, the s2000's seem nice, but they just look a little outdated to me but i like the way honda's drive. but then the zed just looks sexier, not as quick as the supra but quick enough, but then theres not much power option with the Zed unless you have deep pockets lol

• Like 1

From my own experience I can only comment on the zed as I currently own one and the Toyota as I have previously owned one. I would say for the price range you have then you need to weigh up condition, mileage, practicality, drive ability and a host of other considerations, drive them all before you decide :)

Opinions may be biased here as it's a zed forum but ultimately you have to live with your choice ;)

Edited by tatooandy67

Zed wins on all them factors lol. i've owned around 10-15 cars since i was 18, im only 24 now and they have always been old but i've bought them to their former glory lol. i just feel maybe i need something a little newer with some comfort lol.

Supra. I wanted a supra instead of a Z but couldn't get insured. Now I have too much money in my car to sell it.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the Z, I've just always wanted a Supra. One day I'll put a 2JZ into the Z and have the best of both worlds.

• Like 1

Celica GT4 ST205 :p

But then I'm biased. 4 seats, 4wd, easily tunable, pretty cheap, plenty of spare parts, comfortable and lots of wooshy sounds :D

A friend of mine has one and he loves it, I had a passenger ride in it and they are very definitely fast! I'm a RWD fan though so not for me :)

• Like 1

I grew up wanting an MR2 T Bar turbo or Supra TT. But unfortunately when I got to an age where I could afford one they were too old for a daily.

I am sure kids these days admire the 350 but it might be the same scenioro when the have enough cash to buy one.

• Like 1

But then I'm biased. 4 seats, 4wd, easily tunable, pretty cheap, plenty of spare parts, comfortable and lots of wooshy sounds :D

I oh so nearly flew up to Glasgow to buy a GT4, but then *plumped* for my R33 :teeth:

The S2000 for me was too small inside and I just wasn't that bothered with having to rev to 6000rpm before anything happened. I only test drove a couple, maybe as an owner you can have more fun. The Zed definitely felt like there was more room and more presence.

The Supra would be awesome, I would love one of those but nearly all are auto (so factor in the cost of a manual conversion) - having spent a bit of time on forums before getting my Skyline it seems people are going the way of buying un-thrashed NA Supras and fitting a turbo i.e. an NA-T. Seems like possibly a better route especially if you like building stuff.

As for my current car, it is STUNNING, great power for my requirements (currently sat at 280 with a little fettle will easily be up to 330), dropped on BC racing coilovers and various strut bars in place makes it handle miles better. Four seats, decent boot and it has a glove box ;) - and that turbo noise, oooooh so addictive, ticks all my boxes haha

• Like 1

The Z is the best all rounder from that list, it just depends on what you really want from the car.

I find the Z is a good comprimise between having the looks, decent power and most importantly reliability. I've got to be honest tho, as much as I love it I still feel envious everytime I see an evo/skyline/supra driver, I'd rather either of them cars any day of the week and if you've ever been out in a mildy tuned one you'll know what I mean. Way more thrilling than a Z in my opinion.

I bought the Z as a comprimise between performance and reliabiltiy but as much as I love the car I very much doubt I'll still have it by this time next year.

I oh so nearly flew up to Glasgow to buy a GT4, but then *plumped* for my R33 :teeth:

The S2000 for me was too small inside and I just wasn't that bothered with having to rev to 6000rpm before anything happened. I only test drove a couple, maybe as an owner you can have more fun. The Zed definitely felt like there was more room and more presence.

The Supra would be awesome, I would love one of those but nearly all are auto (so factor in the cost of a manual conversion) - having spent a bit of time on forums before getting my Skyline it seems people are going the way of buying un-thrashed NA Supras and fitting a turbo i.e. an NA-T. Seems like possibly a better route especially if you like building stuff.

As for my current car, it is STUNNING, great power for my requirements (currently sat at 280 with a little fettle will easily be up to 330), dropped on BC racing coilovers and various strut bars in place makes it handle miles better. Four seats, decent boot and it has a glove box ;) - and that turbo noise, oooooh so addictive, ticks all my boxes haha

Have you removed your one of these?

anchor.jpg

I've heard it improves the handling :lol:

I'm joking btw, I know the 350z isn't exactly nimble :lol:

• Like 1

Z

If your interested in a Supra pm me. Mine is for sale soon

I just looked at your supra and made a mess in my pants. I bet yours would be nowhere near the pricerange im looking at! how much if you dont mind me asking!?

Z

If your interested in a Supra pm me. Mine is for sale soon

I just looked at your supra and made a mess in my pants. I bet yours would be nowhere near the pricerange im looking at! how much if you dont mind me asking!?

In current spec im looking for around 14k. I can always take bits off to lower the price though :teeth:

• Like 2

Have you removed your one of these?

anchor.jpg

I've heard it improves the handling :lol:

I'm joking btw, I know the 350z isn't exactly nimble :lol:

Ah I already had the round of ribbing on that front - you missed out mate! Of course I wont be pointing out that its something like 100kg lighter than a Zed :stir:

OP Reliability wise, you have no concerns over the engines on the Supra its more that the rest of it lets go first. And remember, zeds are 'common as muck' nowadays :lol:

• Like 1

I have had a TT 6sp supra running around 480bhp, it was a handful!!!! Awesome car, but the slightest hint of rain and its ass was everywhere! The TT engine is silly strong, same as the gearbox, but the weight distribution is not that good compared to the Z. Own a Z now, it might be the fact that its less power, but I do prefer it.

I disliked the s2000 when I test drove, felt very claustrophobic with the roof up and disliked having to rev the hell out of it to get it go.

• Like 1