Another hard day in the man cave...

Ricey

2001 Bora with 90k on the clock. Looking pretty good to start with in fairness but 6 hours later we've got some liquid Blue beauty on the go. Alloy centre caps refurbished and headlights wet sanded to clear some pretty bad weather corrosion.

8f4a379bcfabf32a01c119b90ef4ffca_zps00abb111.jpg

980c7306f3075b222380fe0ff1d04d88_zps95962ed3.jpg

f1944f12e49056e608b06f6fae275543_zps4554de90.jpg

b56d1f2a31408e34ddce0d8ef7b74b6d_zps0a2af95c.jpg

c322580f82c257d237e4a153f2a6b24b_zpsed1d9cbf.jpg

bf1d383a79467a1a8252d34988ce8b23_zpsa43a7236.jpg

45ab3c0c32aef708e27ee150240f99f3_zps6e03780b.jpg

Are you using a da or rotary ? Good results, is that jazz blue?

DA at the moment but I'm hoping to visit Mr Bomford (Envy) at some point to have the black magic of rotary explained to me. Still can achieve excellent results with a DA but it's seemingly more graft!

It is indeed Jazz Blue and as Sarah said its a really unusual colour......I thought it was solid until I got up close and personal to the paint.....then you can see the metallic glittering through.

Ballistic I can't see that image but there are only 2 variations of a man cave.....one is a room filled with tools and the other is an unsavory section of wwww.bigboysinboots.com!

• Like 1

B):clap:

Just need to tax it now! :thumbs:

Ah.....well therein the plot thickens and hopefully will be revealed later on.

What a great job you've done there. Just out of curiosity, what polish and wax/sealant did you use?

Meguiars Ultimate Compound

Poorboys Blackhole glaze

Dodo Juice wax

• Like 1

I don't know about Ricey but a professional will charge anything from £200 to £1500+ for a detail (depending on what you want and where you go). I'd say a fair price for a moderate correction detail (getting rid of the swirling but likely still have some light scratches left) is about £500. Money well spent imo.

• Like 1

Ballistic I can't see that image but there are only 2 variations of a man cave.....one is a room filled with tools and the other is an unsavory section of wwww.bigboysinboots.com!

:lol: Don't worry the picture I posted was of the former ~ a room filled full of tools & cool big boys toys including a V8 Mustang muscle car. B)

Congrats on the new business btw. ;)

Did you put these somewhere on facebook?! I'm sure I looked at them last night and went "ooooh" :lol:

I did indeedie! Bit of social media marketing and all that.

Just a quick question sorry newby here, do you do this for a living? how much roughly would it cost me to get a Z done as this is the first thing i want to do when i buy one lol.

As of 3 weeks ago I do, do it for a living! As Redzed said it can range so widely......I'm not going to lie I'm good at what I do but the likes of Tim at Envy Valeting is in another league and can charge (justifiably) a lot more. That said I don't think he's as high as £500 for correction but guess it depends on the car and the time. He will also Rotary polish the car......I'm responsible enough to respect that beast and I'm sticking to my DA until the grand master imparts his wisdom on me :lol:

Cheers Ballistic. It's took some balls but it's something I've got to have a go at.