Horse Dung!

stuarty

I started this thread because I came home to a couple of police horses walking down my street. I waved to the two pretty lady police officers on the horses and they ignored me!

If they had waved back or even blown me a kiss then horse sh*t on my street would have been cool!

It always is cool then. :lol:

Internet is serious business. :dry::D

• Like 1

On a slightly different slant, in the middle ages, nobility in some (now) eastern european country used to eat certain hallucinogenic mushrooms, take a p1ss and then the next layer of society could drink said p1ss and partake in the same or similar trips. This apparently worked for about 3 or more p1ss cycles and society layers. I read this in a fungi book. Very nasty things some fungi.

wtf! :scare:

From a small pile of horse @*!# mighty oaks do grow.

Every day is a school day I thought mighty oaks grew from acorns - just goes to show ;)

• Like 1

From a small pile of horse @*!# mighty oaks do grow.

Every day is a school day I thought mighty oaks grew from acorns - just goes to show ;)

You're not wrong - but there's absolutely nothing a beautiful, perfect, tiny little acorn loves more than sitting in a big pile of horse sh!t - hence the phrase, "That acorn's full of sh!t."

While we're on the subject, do bears actually sh!t in the woods, or not?

• Like 1

Now we need our Canadian counterpart for the bear question - he can also tell us if it's a problem on the roads?

You called :)

Yes, yes they do @*!# in the woods.... And on my drive.

Not so much of a problem on the roads mind :shrug:

• Like 3

Now we need our Canadian counterpart for the bear question - he can also tell us if it's a problem on the roads?

...and I bet folk over there don't wine about perhaps messing up their tyres or slipping on it :lol:

• Like 1

...and I bet folk over there don't wine about perhaps messing up their tyres or slipping on it :lol:

Nope, no one gives a crap :lol:

Its scary how people are so anti horses well for those of you who are I do hope you still respect horses on the roads!! Can I just say we don't deliberately let our horses defecate "wise up"!! I do admit there are riders out there that don't give enough respect to drivers when passing etc but I for one always thank every driver that goes pass regardless of if they slow down because I find the next time they slow down for me and even have a chin wag :-) as mentioned there's probably more oil spilt on the road etc go moan about that.

Both horses and cars have been my passion since I was 6 I'm now 25 and this just boils my blood.

My friends friend was killed on the road by an ignorant **** that didn't slow down and spoked her horse which sent her falling to her bloody death. So maybe next time your passing a horse have a think to yourself that you could be killing a mother daughter father son and not think off your hate for horses on the roads.

I have retired my horse so don't ride on the roads anymore but did regularly I evented and road work was vital so that my horse was fit enough for the three phases and actually I got quit friendly with my regular drivers so we aren't all bad gives us a chance.

I have a Shetland pony have had her for 6 years and I have recently broken her to pull a cart she is very good with traffic due to her up bringing I've owned her since she was a foal and one day this bas**** did not slow down and flew past us about 50mph ON A COUNTRY ROAD thankfully my pony had a little spoke and with my encouragement she was ok but that would off been a different story for sure if she spoked as there wasn't much room for both of us.

So all you anti horses on roads people could you please wise up as horses and ponies will always be on the road as will motorsport use just need to learn to respect each other.

• Like 5