Horse Dung!

stuarty

I completely agree horse poo is dangerous too as is fox poo badger poo bird poo sheep poo cow poo (it's the worst) the list could go on and then there's the people who don't give a poo about there cars and let them leek oil all over the roads grr but we all have to deal with it. We all need to have a hard think and be safer on the roads

Honestly I've never come across a horse rider that wasn't anything less than courteous when I take the time to slow down for them........then again I live in Cheshire so it's every second road you turn onto!

I'd agree, also jodhpurs :cloud9:

• Like 1

......while we seem to be covering all aspects of Poo World here, I just thought I'd let you know that my wife and daughters have taken themselves off to somewhere wet for the weekend .......

......which leaves me shoveling sh1t, the horse, goat and chicken variety.

As I was shoveling, this thread came to mind, so I felt compelled to let you all know ............ :sorry:

So, I was randomly thinking this weekend and this thread popped into my head... To the bikers, do you fully commit to a corner you haven't yet seen on a public road? Isn't this (to put it bluntly) really stupid and dangerous? If you'd seen the corner fully, you'd see the poo and react accordingly.

So, I was randomly thinking this weekend and this thread popped into my head... To the bikers, do you fully commit to a corner you haven't yet seen on a public road? Isn't this (to put it bluntly) really stupid and dangerous? If you'd seen the corner fully, you'd see the poo and react accordingly.

Well, the problem with this, is that unless you have just gone past that same corner 5 minutes before hand you have no guarantee that there isnt horse crap on it when you go back around it later. When you come into a corner on a motorbike you are watching the road for man holes, horse crap, oil, lumps of 2x4 timber, bricks etc as well as trying to look ahead to see if theres any on coming cars on the wrong side or even parked up vehicles etc. So your eyes & brain are going at probably 200mph, processing like mad. Usually on my ride out I tend to ride the same bit of road twice, so I know roughly there wasnt any problems or obstacles there the first time I did it but thats not to say its clear the 2nd time around.

The roads I mainly ride on are back roads in the country, so very often you come around a bend to find mud on the road, or a tractor or a combine. So you keep an eye out for the usual tell tale signs and ride according to how far you can see. You get to know what to look out for and where based on experience.

This thread seems to have turned into those horse riders assuming that anyone who is moaning about horse crap on the road are the same people who dont slow down for horses. They are 2 completely different things. I always without fail slow down for horses. Both my motorbikes are quite loud - especially my Ducati, so as soon as I see a horse I usually kill the engine and glide past slowly. That has nothing to do with horse crap on the road.

I have loads of respect for anyone who rides a horse. I went on one once, it must have been about 250 years old and as it plodded along at all of 2 mph I was hanging on for dear life, completely crapping myself. It was one of the most scariest things ive ever done. Strange when I feel perfectly relaxed on a 1000cc sports bike so I guess its the fear of not being in total control of something.

So, from the discussions so far, apparently horse riders cant make sure the horse has had a dump before going on a ride out and noone has yet commented on putting a poo bag thing on the back of their horse to catch the poo. What other options are there? As a rider, are you aware when you horse starts taking a dump? If so, would it be possible to quickly steer the horse to the side of the road so it poo`s on the grass verge? Rather than on the "racing line"?

As others have pointed out - horse sh!te does not pose a public health hazard - unless the animal has just been wormed and was carrying a heavy worm load. It isn't on the pavement / anywhere you are likely to walk and will wash away with the first decent rainfall that comes along - FFS get a grip! :wacko:

i dunno there been a lump of horse @*!# in my village on my way to work on the path and it been there for a good month and its rained,

Why people feel the need to walk a horse through a built up when there miles upon miles of field and green lanes about i just dont get

• Like 1

Unfortunately the bridlepaths don't link up completely, and before the road was a tarmac road, it was part of said path. So it's a necessary evil to have to go on the road to get from A to B, not their fault the track they use isn't a dirt path any more, it's the fault of people wanting higher quality roads to drive cars down.

i wouldn't mind but if you click the link and look at the path where wooden fence is opposite the vectra its there there no green lanes and if you zoom out you can see these no real need to go that way on the map as the whole village is surrounded by fields

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/search/dove+house+close+fowlmere/@52.090939,0.076071,3a,75y,318.51h,76.64t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sgBdFox4gTDeHpV-hNeFFVA!2e0