I received a speeding ticket today

14N

I have played the 14 day game and won :thumbs:

The story - (not that you care)

The day I bought the car (not the Zed this was years ago - I or my wife or a friend (everyone wants to drive the new toy) went through a static camera that hadn't worked for the last 2 year :dry: at 36 MPH

46 days later I get a ticket - after doing my research I reply that I can not remember who was driving the car 46 days ago me the wife my friend everyone wants to drive the new car :shrug:

I also mention that the NIP was not posted inside 14 days

They reply that the first NIP was sent within 14 days but to the previous owner as the registration change had not gone through and in these circumstances they had longer to send the NIP out :scare:

So I reply well that's as maybe but I still don't know who was driving the car 50+ days ago :surrender:

So they say I must tell them or I will be prosecuted for not telling them.

So I sent a letter back to say well if the crime is poor memory I'm guilty as charged - but I still can't remember who was driving the damn car so see you in court :blush:

That's it never heard another thing about it :thumbs:

Cool story bro... Tell it again :lol:

I wonder if ill be able to play that game with my work van...need to check with my manager! Lol

I hate you :p

:lol:

Slightly off topic but worth a mention.

I sold my Range Rover through British Car Auctions a few years ago.

One morning a few weeks later lying in bed at 5.00am, I hear banging on the door.

can only be a fire or the police..! Yes it was the police armed response unit with drawn guns

all my road sealed off and armed police surrounding my house (much to the amusement of the neighbours).

I was put up against the wall and handcuffed for been involved in a robbery on a Jewelers in Southampton..WTF..

Turned out the RR I sold at British Car auctions was used in a half a million armed ram raid, they kept me in custody until

British Car Auctions opened at 10.00am to confirm I had sold it..EVEN THOUGH I HAD THE RECEIPT FOR IT FROM

BRITISH CAR AUCTIONS..Having spent 5 hours in custody for something that had noting to do with me, they then on

my departure presented me with an outstanding parking ticket for £80.00.. :rant: :rant:

• Like 1

One morning a few weeks later lying in bed at 5.00am, I hear banging on the door.

can only be a fire or the police..! Yes it was the police armed response unit with drawn guns

all my road sealed off and armed police surrounding my house (much to the amusement of the neighbours).

I was put up against the wall and handcuffed for been involved in a robbery on a Jewelers in Southampton..WTF..

Turned out the RR I sold at British Car auctions was used in a half a million armed ram raid, they kept me in custody until

British Car Auctions opened at 10.00am to confirm I had sold it..EVEN THOUGH I HAD THE RECEIPT FOR IT FROM

BRITISH CAR AUCTIONS..Having spent 5 hours in custody for something that had noting to do with me, they then on

my departure presented me with an outstanding parking ticket for £80.00.. :rant: :rant:

So who did the BCA receipt for you Will..........? (Stir)

• Like 1

So who did the BCA receipt for you Will..........? (Stir)

I gave the old bill the receipt when they arrested me at 5,00am, The waited until 10.00am to verify it with BCA.

Just as well it wasn't over a weekend when BCA are closed..!!

What really pi55ed me off was the £80 parking ticket, they didn't even apologise for locking me up for

5 hours or drive me home, told me to walk or get the bus. Had to phone my son and ask him to collect me

as I didn't have any money on me. They even took my shoe laces. I wrote a letter of complaint, didn't get anywhere. :angry: :scare:

that just smacks of gross incompetancy..............and then no apology or lift home..............I'd be f'ing furious

if they'd apologised and gotten you home, I probably would have accepted it

• Like 1

Did you manage to offload the jewellery for a decent price? Surely it covered the cost of the parking ticket, so why the moaning?

• Like 2

Remember years ago a got a parking ticket. The only thing was I was in Birmingham that day and the parking ticket was issued in London. Someone had either cloned the plates or the traffic warden was a bit short sighted! :lol:

From previous experience on more than 1 occasion, they have 3 months to prosecute you, you have 28 days to reply to the letter which you should then wait 25 and reply "not known at this address please try this address .........." (Could be another property or even family/friend) a new letter will be issued to the new address, repeat this step again and again.. Once the time is up you will not hear anymore concerning this matter. A proven fact but was a few years back since the last time I was caught ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From previous experience on more than 1 occasion, they have 3 months to prosecute you, you have 28 days to reply to the letter which you should then wait 25 and reply "not known at this address please try this address .........." (Could be another property or even family/friend) a new letter will be issued to the new address, repeat this step again and again.. Once the time is up you will not hear anymore concerning this matter. A proven fact but was a few years back since the last time I was caught ;)

I believe they got 6 months now!

I tried that with my last/1st 3 points...tried dragging time, but waiting 25days etc...but they were really quick in replying (within couple of days), so didn't work :lol:

Does that work for parking fines too? :p

I believe they got 6 months now!

I tried that with my last/1st 3 points...tried dragging time, but waiting 25days etc...but they were really quick in replying (within couple of days), so didn't work :lol:

You need to do it more than once ;)

Does that work for parking fines too? :p

I'm not 100% sure but it may be worth a try?

I'm sure if you ignore them there will be a date set for you to appear in court, if you decide not to turn up for that then it will proceed without you. A fine etc will be issued, if this is still not paid then a CCJ will be issued against you which will pretty much mess any future finances up for the following 5 years. No good when it comes to re-mortgaging etc.. As they penalise you big time so end up paying over the odds for everything. :-(

I'm sure if you ignore them there will be a date set for you to appear in court, if you decide not to turn up for that then it will proceed without you. A fine etc will be issued, if this is still not paid then a CCJ will be issued against you which will pretty much mess any future finances up for the following 5 years. No good when it comes to re-mortgaging etc.. As they penalise you big time so end up paying over the odds for everything. :-(

Ouch... I better get paying then. You know how you get I think 14days to dispute...is that set or can you play dumb and redisbute after they issue you a letter? I have a valid reason for not paying my fine as I moved to a new address and was in process of applying for a parking permit but it took ages and during that time i racked up three of them, I never disputed as I wanted to collect as many as I could before disputing them all at once.. does this seem viable?

For anyone who's a bit of an anorak on speeding offences the following book is quite a good read:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Art-Loophole-Making-Work/dp/1444734083/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396289005&sr=8-1&keywords=freeman+loophole

Its by Nick Freeman , the guy that the 'footblas go to when they get gripped. Quite an interesting read, very Alan Partridge and trashy in parts but worth a couple of quid for the e-book version.

S.

Pretty sure the 2 week thing is a myth.

Yes it is, they have upto 6 months to do you.

Not according to the offical source: ;)

https://www.gov.uk/speeding-penalties

I got flashed 3days ago... so technically if i dont recieve anything within 2weeks of the flash. I can disregard anything that comes through after? That is sweet! :teeth:

Just to pick up on this, it doesn't matter whether you receive a NIP after 14 days, or even not at all, the law states that a NIP must be issued within 14 days. There's no requirement for it to ever actually reach it's destination.

In that case, your reasons for not disputing are not viable at all: You should have disputed each one soon as it came in. You NEED TO ACT ON THESE NOW, else you're going to end up with all sorts of nasties on your record.

When you say you were in the process of applying, did you actually apply or were you just getting round to it?

In that case, your reasons for not disputing are not viable at all: You should have disputed each one soon as it came in. You NEED TO ACT ON THESE NOW, else you're going to end up with all sorts of nasties on your record.

When you say you were in the process of applying, did you actually apply or were you just getting round to it?

Ahh dammit.. yeh i did apply sent letter and everything.. and they wouldnt accpet my proof of address which delayed the process resulting in more stupid fines