Inside Rolls-Royce

stuarty

I love cars, but this show on TV left me speechless. There's children suffering extreme poverty in this country never mind children starving to death in developing countries.

The folk involved in this show seemed proud as punch but I was left with a feeling of disgust and IF I could ever afford to pay for diamonds in my car i would rather spend the cash helping others!

Who's to say that those rich people don't help others? I'm sure they all give more money to charity each year than I do... and pay more tax (So indirectly helping poorer people).

I'm not having a go stuarty, but you seem to have had a string of nice BMW's recently. Why did you buy those over a cheaper car and helping others? :)

Edited by Paddy78
  • Like 1

Who's to say that those rich people don't help others? I'm sure they all give more money to charity each year than I do... and pay more tax (So indirectly helping poorer people).

I'm not having a go stuarty, but you seem to have had a string of nice BMW's recently. Why did you buy those over a cheaper car and helping others? :)

Yeah fair point. They probably donate £££ to charity, but in my opinion it was a bit crude and vulgar.

Yeah, I've bought a few BMW's which could be a bit construed!

Depends how you look at it, some would argue a BMW is unnecessary, when a small cheap car would do the same job.

I cant argue the point with you but I think you know what I was trying to make.

Yeah fair point. They probably donate £££ to charity, but in my opinion it was a bit crude and vulgar.

Yeah, I've bought a few BMW's which could be a bit construed!

Depends how you look at it, some would argue a BMW is unnecessary, when a small cheap car would do the same job.

I cant argue the point with you but I think you know what I was trying to make.

Yes, absolutely and I do agree. It's ridiculous how much some people have and the RR dealer in Dubai has the easiest job in the world.

• Like 1

Look at it this way:

I earn circa £50k pa and donate around £400 pa to charity. I own a £30k S-Max, and 2 other cars worth about £30k combined (when new)

If I earned £500k pa, and donated £4000 a year to charity, then went and spent £300k on a Rolls where would the issue be?

Incremental wise I'm spending the same and charity and on cars.

As said its all relative to what worth you have.

We could all do more to help people and so could goverments all around the world.

People in some parts of the world still dont have water but we can pump oil as far as we want to. makes you think.......Why is it like that ?

Look at it this way:

I earn circa £50k pa and donate around £400 pa to charity. I own a £30k S-Max, and 2 other cars worth about £30k combined (when new)

If I earned £500k pa, and donated £4000 a year to charity, then went and spent £300k on a Rolls where would the issue be?

Inceremental wise I'm spending the same and charity and on cars.

Good points there Lexx. I'm happy with the cars i have owned and my all time favourite car is possibly within my reach now, (nothing too expensive). But think about the poor sod's out there who struggle to scrap a living and those living in extreme poverty due to unavoidable circumstances.

I'm all for people aspiring for greater things but i don't think Rolls Royce gained anything from the show.

I'm not wanting to start an argument here.....but surely if it bothered you that much you would donate every last penny you had to charity and to those in extreme poverty (although I don't know for sure you already do this, although a variety of expensive cars suggests you don't).

Instead of this however, you say that people who have either earned/won/inherited vast wealth should give it up and come down to the lower levels. I'm not with you on that.

Hell, If I had worked my arse off or won a big win on the lottery, first thing I'd be doing is speccing an Aventador. That doesn't make it Lambo's fault that there is poverty.

Rich middle eastern countries (where the Roller buyers live) tend to look after the hoi polloi a lot better than we do ... when I was in Saudi Arabia in the early eighties everyone with a camel got £10,000 per year from the government and the telephone system was free

I'm not wanting to start an argument here.....but surely if it bothered you that much you would donate every last penny you had to charity and to those in extreme poverty (although I don't know for sure you already do this, although a variety of expensive cars suggests you don't).

Instead of this however, you say that people who have either earned/won/inherited vast wealth should give it up and come down to the lower levels. I'm not with you on that.

Hell, If I had worked my arse off or won a big win on the lottery, first thing I'd be doing is speccing an Aventador. That doesn't make it Lambo's fault that there is poverty.

Sorry Lexx, i think you picked me up wrong. I never suggested that folk should donate there hard earned cash to charity. The point i was trying to make was that the programme was in bad taste, considering the poverty thats rife in our country. I said if i could afford such a car i would get more pleasure donating the cash to charity. What folk do with there cash is there business but i simply felt the wealth on show for a car was vulgar.

And your right i don't donate as much cash to charity as I could. I believe charity starts at home and I'm currently helping a family member in need. But it's only my opinion it was in bad taste and I'm sure they help the needy.

What did you mean about the "lower levels"?

Edited by stuarty

Id just like to point out that the Oxfam HO is next to the law firm my mother in law works for in Oxford, and its an amazing building and cost an absolute fortune. Dont get me wrong, some charities are worth donating to or doing events for, but Oxfam is not one of them as far as im concerned. I donate to Air Ambulance and Cancer Research, to me the 2 of the most worth while causes going. Some people have got money, some havnt, its the way of life. Dont know if you have seen the Christiano Ronaldo thing doing the rounds on FB, but that amazed me, and how many cars and houses do you suppose he has?

Id just like to point out that the Oxfam HO is next to the law firm my mother in law works for in Oxford, and its an amazing building and cost an absolute fortune. Dont get me wrong, some charities are worth donating to or doing events for, but Oxfam is not one of them as far as im concerned. I donate to Air Ambulance and Cancer Research, to me the 2 of the most worth while causes going. Some people have got money, some havnt, its the way of life. Dont know if you have seen the Christiano Ronaldo thing doing the rounds on FB, but that amazed me, and how many cars and houses do you suppose he has?

Good point!

I agree with the charity starts at home. One year i used best part of a £1000 of my bonus to get the bathroom sorted out in my sisters house, as she couldnt afford to do it, i also employed my step brother to go in there and do it all. So helped 2 people out in one go. There are so many charities out there, if you gave to everyone, then you would be claiming charity off them! I think that you pick a couple of charities that are close to you or your family and support them. Unless you have millions, and can support loads and it dont make much difference to your income. Im happy i do my bit, though not alot, i support my family when and where i can,mainly my sister,which to me is more important.

• Like 3

My son in law delivers brand new cars for Bentley, a couple of weeks ago he delivered one for Paris Hilton with a diamond encrusted interior. Took it to the docks somewhere on the East Coast on the back of a transporter.

Pete

I live 5 mins from the famous Bishops Avenue where the cheapest house is at least £35 to £40 million

believe there is one now for sale at £200 million. These houses are only some bodies UK Summer resident.

Most are now owned by Russian oilytarts who don't live there. :scare: :scare:

I think that you pick a couple of charities that are close to you or your family and support them.

Yes, I support Guide Dogs for the blind (my mum lost her sight) and Cerebra for over 20 years (close friend had a child with Cerebral Palsy).

Pete

Isn't that how Communism started and that didn't work..!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Er, didn't they say China is like one of RR top 3 markets in the show? Communism works, just not for everyone ;)