Full suspension overhaul......

shire350Z

Well.....

It's been a long time coming but decided this year is the time to spend some cash on the zed, its been a while now since I have so decided this month to get all the suspension sorted as I only ever dropped the car on springs!

Big thanks to mits (CS) for supplying the parts and very quickly! Thanks also to the other traders that helped out ðŸ‘

Then in april im having most of the car re-sprayed and the nismos refurbished back to looking as they did when they left the factory, then lastly some new carbon parts for the interior and a full new sound system can't cope with the Bose any longer! Not sure if this will be done before Wales but the paintwork and wheels shall be done!

Suspension wise iv gone with

Eibach anti roll bars

Whiteline drop links

Superpro compression bush

Superpro damper to compression arm bush

BC coilovers

Already on the car is the summit racing strut brace kit, SPC rear camber arm/toe bolt & whiteline rear diff bush kit

Be interesting to hear what settings you guys have found the arb's most effective on and what rate of damper setting you found the best, I know this is purely individual but would be good to hear!

The original dampers and lowering weitec springs will go up for sale soon also

Few pics of the work done needs hell of alot of cleaning under there (I know)

DE83BDC4-C0E6-4776-8EF2-29F30E0B8121.jpg

3B911F36-6113-4BA9-9F4A-44630DCA59DC.jpg

03CADEE9-199F-414E-8C36-88D9C29C638A.jpg

96BDB816-6F0E-42F4-8957-CA5317E6F734.jpg

FFFF6B7B-2A3C-468C-AC94-9A1B17763543.jpg

761CF3C4-2417-4581-BB5B-5C7285ED2436.jpg

B379E193-FE7D-4E26-A138-F18A87B3333D_1.jpg

BCE78AF8-3964-4210-8DC3-7AE909266FE8.jpg

2BDAB45A-046B-4DE9-85B2-518FA869A3EB.jpg

7A5E9B2E-5BD2-4F58-B771-0794286D2922.jpg

9C4A026D-8F53-4A41-AEF4-433ABDD006DA.jpg

88F7DB4C-5855-4DA6-937B-A17568FAFD1F.jpg

70981510-0B8F-4528-82C9-65EC597E7F22.jpg

DD399E16-7640-4202-BB55-AC443DB3C281.jpg

58BFCA64-6770-49B2-A86B-D04CFAF27886.jpg

265BB152-D7A5-48E4-86D2-5850B860E443.jpg

Edited by shire350Z
  • Like 2

Similar upgrades to what I'm planning. :thumbs:

Did you notice any difference when you fitted the Summit bracing? I've been looking at it too. Do you have just the rear 2 braces or the ladder brace in the middle too and I think there's a 4th?

Summit Bracing is amazing, made a massive difference to mine.

That whole setup you've got there can't have been cheap, but I bet that's worth every penny. Great choice of bits too :thumbs:

Did you fit it at a different time to other suspension enhancements? Just curious if it would add much to a decent coilover setup and ARBs.

@Kyle

I did it before anything else, but only did ARBs afterwards suspension-wise. Bracing made the most difference, ARBs gave me more adjustability allowing for finer control. I also did bits of the bracing at a time, the rear bar was a hoot as it made the rear end very lively :D

Was going to ask the same question. The ARBs have made a massive difference for me already so these braces should improve them further, very tempting :)

Where did you get them from?

Edited by Jp606

@Kyle

I did it before anything else, but only did ARBs afterwards suspension-wise. Bracing made the most difference, ARBs gave me more adjustability allowing for finer control. I also did bits of the bracing at a time, the rear bar was a hoot as it made the rear end very lively :D

Thanks mate, just what I wanted to hear. Did you have all 4 pieces?

Cheers guys my bracing kit was actually Dans and it is the full 4 piece set,

Tbh with the amount of work done I have noticed a big increase in the cars capability yet but I'm yet to push her as need to get the ride height Perfect still and damping,

Another question when setting the coilover height up I noticed that the zed will drop 5mm on the drivers side when I'm sat in, now do I set front and rear the same height both sides or allow 5mm on both drivers side front and rear so when I'm sat in the car the car is perfectly matched when I'm driving? I know adding a passenger would screw this up but still.... Which is the proper way of setup?

Set the springs and dampers up the same both sides. :thumbs:

You could do a full setup with a set of weights on the seat to simulate your weight, but you'd really want to do that in conjunction with a full geo. I'm guessing that's already been done so need to worry about that any more, but remember that adjusting the ride height from this point can have massive effects on the camber so you may need another alignment if you decide to raise or lower the car again.

Only got them on last week dan, and not finished setting them up properly yet, not easiest job so haven't done a alignment yet

Ah, I did wonder that after I'd written the post. If that's the case, definitely get them to add weights to the seat when doing it.

Finally James you have come good with this.

Set the damping in the middle for both axles and the se with the ARBs and go from there.

I have settle with medium in front and soft at the rear for ARBs but depending on weather conditions I adjust my damping to suit namely to reduce understeer in the wet. You would have to find what works for you as our setups are different. I have a fully bushed and adjustable suspension and yet to brace it, so it would be interesting.

Make small adjustment per area per time so as to know what affects what before making changes. Record them too and drive on a setting for a while in different roads and conditions first.

• 1 month later...