Best ways to get exhaust clean

LloydZee

Autosol and a microfibre works brilliantly, it removes tar too. I tend to do mine with my weekly wash and it stays really shiny. I've always done it this way since my exhaust was fitted so it doesn't get enough time to build up with marks.

Edited by Jp606

I heard baby oil will help protect polished metal.. it will smoke up a little when hot tho. I used it on my pug a few times but wonder if there is anything else others have used as a sort of protection?

I recall an excellent 'guide' by Husky when he sorted out Nixy's exhaust to one of the cleanest I have ever seen but I've seached all the options I can think of, to avail. :shrug:

Perhaps some of the long standing members on here will recall that guide and better still can find it?

• Like 1

I recall an excellent 'guide' by Husky when he sorted out Nixy's exhaust to one of the cleanest I have ever seen but I've seached all the options I can think of, to avail. :shrug:

Perhaps some of the long standing members on here will recall that guide and better still can find it?

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/52182-polishing-oem-exhaust/

Scroll down to Husky's post

• Like 1

If you have blue burnt tips be careful, you might take the finish off

That's a good point. I'm pretty sure mine have faded a lot over the years.

I wonder if they can be re-burned with a blow torch or something?

• Like 1

To answer my own question I found this - http://my350z.com/forum/body-interior-exterior-and-lighting-diy/572777-diy-burnt-blue-titanium-exhaust-tips-anodizing-titanium.html

Have a look its well cool!

• Like 1

To answer my own question I found this - http://my350z.com/forum/body-interior-exterior-and-lighting-diy/572777-diy-burnt-blue-titanium-exhaust-tips-anodizing-titanium.html

Have a look its well cool!

That's brilliant! But I don't have a steady enough hand to make it look decent

I heard baby oil will help protect polished metal.. it will smoke up a little when hot tho. I used it on my pug a few times but wonder if there is anything else others have used as a sort of protection?

FK1000P, either of the Colli's, Black Fire as mentioned, Britemax Metal Twins as mentioned (#2 seals as well), G|Techniq C1/4/5, AF Mercury, Gyeon Rim - all will be considerably better than baby oil. Take your pick.