Is the 350Z for me?

BenSRG

Hi all,

I currently drive an E92 which is absolutely crap, I've had enough and I'll never buy a European car again lol.

I'm now 20 and my insurance is stupidly cheap, I can insure a 350 for no more than £950.

My new job is a roughly a 10 mile round trip (through town). I do enjoy driving weekends. My Dad has always had japanese cars, 300zx twin, WRX, soarers, silvias etc. He swears by them!!

In terms of performance, they definitely aren't slow but I really do like a nice exhaust tone from my cars and the engine in the 350Z is great for that.

After selling my E92 I'm happy to spend roughly £7000 but I'd like a nice example, maybe around an 04 plate for cheaper TAX but an upgraded exhaust would be great - what are my chances?

Many thanks

320I :( even worse! I mean, it looks amazing - probably one of the best out there but it's an extremely heavy car with very little power

Well no wonder you didn't like it! Try a proper one, with a decent engine in: You'll be surprised.

Which E92? A 320d I can understand you not feeling the love for, but a 335i should be more than entertaining.

My son has a 335d coupe mapped and it's a very quick car, prior to that he had a 320d mapped and it did not disappoint (both less than 5yrs old), mapping is cheaper and you reap massive gains on a diesel, definitely value for money compared to petrol

better mpg and a big lump of torque B)

Overall my E92 has about 177BHP, for a car that is actually as, if not heavier than a 350. I think they're about 1.5 tonne? Because it also averages 45mpg, the car runs extremely hot, about 110C. That means problems! i.e plugs, coils, injectors etc. They aren't built great either and yes the interior looks great in full leather but still, cheaply made in my opinion. I'd much rather go Japanese :)

I know they aren't 0-60 cars and yes I am young but also willing to respect the car for what it is, a N/A 3.2 V6! What more could I ask for at 20? :D

I'm going to do no more than 10 miles a day, MPG doesn't bother me and they are beautiful cars with the right mods. To my understanding, they're quite bullet proof too?!

I'm going to do no more than 10 miles a day, MPG doesn't bother me and they are beautiful cars with the right mods. To my understanding, they're quite bullet proof too?!

Less than 10 miles a day means the Zed is not the car for you. Lots of short trips like that isn't going to do a big engine any good, it'll never get the chance to get properly warm.

By all means go for it, but be aware that you could be opening a can of worms IMHO.

When I said 10 miles a day, that's through town to work. I can easily take a detour onto the dual carriageway for that much needed blast ;) It'll definitely be well looked after i can assure that :)

Officially put the E92 up for sale so hopefully within the next couple of weeks i'll have a 350!