It would be rude not to.....

nowhereboy

30mtriv.jpg

This is the first time I've drove in the snow in the Z. Came out the gym tonight and the ground was covered, I felt super uncomfortable driving it home to be honest, it wanted to go any direction but forwards. Seemed like a good excuse to take it to a car park and get the hang of it ;)

Seen three crashed cars on the A1 tonight too, people driving far too fast for the conditions. Everyone was tailgating me and overtaking at silly speeds. If this weather keeps up I'll be getting the bus to work to be honest :scare:

• Like 1

I drove mine once in the snow . . . vowed never to do it again. Stayed at home to work when ever it snowed after that.

It is the other noobs on the road that worry me too. I have to say though my Jeep is fecking brilliant in the snow :lol:

What tyres you running? I've had mine in similar conditions to that and it was fine. I do however have 19's and 275 rear tyres, maybe that helped a bit.

Hmm, at the most, low profile and wide tyres are a disadvantage, aren't they?

Kumho ku39s...

They have been great in the dry/damp but absolutely useless in the conditions last night. I'd expected them to be bad but not that bad haha! I had a queue of traffic behind me because I refused to go over about 15 MPH :lol:

Exact same tyres as me then, can only assume it's my larger girth ;)

What tyres you running? I've had mine in similar conditions to that and it was fine. I do however have 19's and 275 rear tyres, maybe that helped a bit.

Honestly no idea, but wider tyres = more traction :shrug:

I personally have found that mine is the single worst car Ive ever had the misfortune to try and drive in snow, more than once Ive been able to put it into 6th, then get out and watch the wheels spinning round ........... before even getting off my driveway.

Got a Range Rover for snow now but downside means I get no more snow days anymore :(

Very glad I kept it, don't know what I was thinking to be honest.

Only problem is Zeditus has kicked in good and proper, I've got a shopping list as long as my arm for it now. Wheels and springs are next on the list tho, it's dying for some good rims.

Edited by nowhereboy
  • Like 1

Kumho ku39s...

They have been great in the dry/damp but absolutely useless in the conditions last night. I'd expected them to be bad but not that bad haha! I had a queue of traffic behind me because I refused to go over about 15 MPH :lol:

Exact same tyres as me then, can only assume it's my larger girth ;)

Honestly no idea, but wider tyres = more traction :shrug:

I get what your thinking but doesn't really work in the snow unfortunately. You actually want thinner tyres so the same amount of weight is on a smaller contact patch.