TopGear

Jetpilot

Agree. Thought tonight was much better. I did however think James' bit on the military vehicles would of made a better program on its own - One I'd have also watched as it was an interesting section.

The P1 though :cloud9:

yep, dont have a clue what film thats from...

but yep, good episode. i love the way they shoot top gear - really really want to go to the italian lakes now! and want to do a trackday at spa as well :)

:lol:

"Flight of the Navigator" circa 1986 ~ probably before you where born. :surrender: Not that it matters. :D;)

P1 was just amazing but surprised no one has really mentioned the Alfa 4C. Ok so I wouldn't pay 45k for one but in a few years as a second hand buy! Looked fantastic side on and from the rear. Front looked good but still not entirely convinced on those lights.

P1 was just amazing but surprised no one has really mentioned the Alfa 4C. Ok so I wouldn't pay 45k for one but in a few years as a second hand buy! Looked fantastic side on and from the rear. Front looked good but still not entirely convinced on those lights.

I am not so sure Its such a bad price, its certainly equally as good/better looking as similar cars in that price bracket, will most likely perform as well, return better mpg, so what lets it down, spec? Real shame it didnt get to go round the track although with the recent weather it would have been a wet time.

I know its carbon everywhere, but sub one ton, thats awesome, my mk1 mx5 bbr turbo was about the same with 150 ish hp, bet that 4c is fast!

I do hope the P1 beats the 918, such an awesome looking thing, could not believe just how quick he was saying, 150, 160, 170.............

If you've not already take a look at the Chris Harris 918 review.

It's very good.

I did see that, as usual very well put together review and i have no doubt its seriously quick (ring time etc) and very very well engineered but in "my opinion only" and in comparison, it looks dull as dishwater compared to the P1 and if i had that kind of money burning a hole in my back pocket i need a visual stimulus as much as a driving stimulus.

I would also imagine between the three, Ferrari, Porsche and Maclaren the times will be within a few tenths of each other (around a track) and way beyond the average or even good drivers abilities so the only thing it comes down to is looks, thats if you even could buy any of them as think they are all sold out, i know the Maclaren is for sure. :thumbs:

In 20 years the P1 will look massively dated. The 918 will still look fresh.

Look at the McMerc and the CGT. One still looks great, one now needs go faster bits stuck on to modernise it.

Nobody wants a 4C because they've got a dull engine that drones and, by all journo accounts, are a bit rubbish to drive.

In 20 years the P1 will look massively dated. The 918 will still look fresh.

Look at the McMerc and the CGT. One still looks great, one now needs go faster bits stuck on to modernise it.

Nobody wants a 4C because they've got a dull engine that drones and, by all journo accounts, are a bit rubbish to drive.

In your opinion of course ;)