TopGear

Jetpilot

You don't think the CGT looks elegant, and the SLR bland?

I love the P1, and as a current car it's stunning to look at. It's just got too many odd lines that will date quickly. The LF isn't as pretty now, but it'll hold up better across the years.

I think the CGT looks awesome and same goes for the SLR, just in a different way.

I never thought the LFA looked pretty, just purposeful and in reality for me, the colour had a massive effect on how it looked.

Its a fruitless discussion anyway, as it is opinion based (as mentioned), what looks good for one might not for another, that is the great thing about cars :)

You don't think the CGT looks elegant, and the SLR bland?

I love the P1, and as a current car it's stunning to look at. It's just got too many odd lines that will date quickly. The LF isn't as pretty now, but it'll hold up better across the years.

I personally think they still both look really good, if you look back a bit further I think that the p1 and 918 have more in common to when the 959 came out with the F40, the Ferrari was a total game changer in its appearance and compared to the 959 it still looks every bit the supercar/Hypercar that it is, IMO the 959 looks dull as dishwater now which is how the 918 will look in the future compared to the p1.

I don't personally like the looks of either, but it's a good alternative to mention.

The 959 never looked that much different from the other 911s though, whereas the F40 didn't look anything like the other F-cars of the time. Also the F40 still has that mythical status about it, something the 959 never had as it wasn't the first to do 200mph.

The 959 never looked that much different from the other 911s though

Isnt that the case for every Porsche, every car they make takes its major styling cues from the 911, their styling approach is staid and bland, again in my opinion.

I thought the Carrera GT was a good break from the norm and looked good, in fact, this 918 looks like a more rounded softer looking version of the GT.

Edited by Jetpilot

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the vehicles on tonight's episode have been relatively interesting but I just find myself wanting to punch Richard Hammond in the face more & more. :angry::lol:

Totally agree, when he was going about jeremy and madame tussauds bored me to tears! tonights episode was worse that fast and furious 6

i find Hammond reminds me of a part of the monte python film the holy grail.

• Like 1