IMG_3506.jpg

And for some colour variety underneath

DSCF1279.jpg

4f89530a-befc-4e13-b047-a66383a0b28c_zps9cbb8033.jpg

Ahhh I feel better for that :lol:

If you need more pics just ask - No really just ask :lol:

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 5

@keyser that looks absolutely fantastic.

Where did you get it done? Anyone know of places in the north east? Do you have to notify dvla etc?

I did it (with Buster) at the Zed Shed (my garage) see http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/80219-what-is-the-zed-shed/ :lol:

If you respray - yes DVLA must be informed if its a wrap then they do not need to be informed (non permanent colour change) but you may get pulled over by the police who will ask why they show your car as a different colour on the old carputer :)

Cant help with body shop up your way - sorry.

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 1

ddcboyle - wrapped his green himself - drop him a PM

Octet had his wrapped - blue, err no turquoise or was it satin lilt ............. any way he had it wrapped not sure but I think by RT - Sorry if I'm wrong :surrender: But they are in London.

I have only done paint and powder coating.

And Hi back :):wave:

Edited by Keyser

Wraps are ok, but come sale time you will find a lot of wary buyers...I would go for the more expensive respray and go for a nice colour - midnight purple always a favourite of mine!

Green is a nice colour!!!

It's all down to where you get it wrapped. Do some research and find out whats local, or who recommends etc.

Wrapping is about a 1/3 of the price of a re-spray. Quality is superb, and yes you can remove the wrap when it comes to re-sale. But this is all down to who you take it too.

You need to find a place with good reputation, as all the above can be bodged....people have had bad experiences with wrapping, but you get what you pay for.

• Like 1

I can think of several, MadMarkey for example from Blade to Orange, at least one 350Z has been sprayed Pearl White another guy from the North East, Matt Bowey has had his sprayed dark green, there's others too. I've seen several wrapped Zeds at meets and TBH I'd rather pay the extra and get it sprayed.

Pete

Wraps are ok, but come sale time you will find a lot of wary buyers...I would go for the more expensive respray and go for a nice colour - midnight purple always a favourite of mine!

I would love to spray mine Midnight Purple, but the £4k price tag puts me off :lol:

It's all down to where you get it wrapped. Do some research and find out whats local, or who recommends etc.

Wrapping is about a 1/3 of the price of a re-spray. Quality is superb, and yes you can remove the wrap when it comes to re-sale. But this is all down to who you take it too.

You need to find a place with good reputation, as all the above can be bodged....people have had bad experiences with wrapping, but you get what you pay for.

Bloody hell where are getting spraying and wrapping done? :scare: I good spray around here will cost around £2k and a good wrap will be about £1300.

To the OP, if you're having second thoughts on your colour choice, why not sell yours and buy a black one? Surely the difference in price (if there is any) will be less than the £2k+ you'll spend on a respray or a bit less for a wrap?

• Like 1

I will echo what Kyle says, I would not pay to get my 350 colour changed to a standard option colour, I would only do either if I wanted something like Keysers. Sell it and buy the colour you want and put the £1500 or whatever it ends up costing to making it better, wheels, exhaust, map etc

Wrapping is what Zippypooz does for a living and hes VERY good at it. He's down south tho not far from Brighton so its probably no use to you. If you have any questions i would pm him as what he doesnt know about wrapping isnt worth knowing.

Payco

I would love to spray mine Midnight Purple, but the £4k price tag puts me off :lol:

Bloody hell where are getting spraying and wrapping done? :scare: I good spray around here will cost around £2k and a good wrap will be about £1300.

To the OP, if you're having second thoughts on your colour choice, why not sell yours and buy a black one? Surely the difference in price (if there is any) will be less than the £2k+ you'll spend on a respray or a bit less for a wrap?

Where is this spray place :lol: I must visit, for that price! I've always been under the impression they are £3000-£4000+...

I would guess the spray cost varies by place, by quality but also by the colour as a flat paint is bound to be cheaper than a multi layered metallic or the like.

I am a fan of wrapping, but given the Zeds paper thin paint, I was always concerned about what would be left on if a wrap was removed. It is a strong adhesive so would it pull at the lacquer that is on the paintwork underneath? Also, when polishing my black Zed, I loved to get that mirror finish, most wraps wont get you that.

Where is this spray place :lol: I must visit, for that price! I've always been under the impression they are £3000-£4000+...

I have done quite a few colour changes and never paid more than £2k, that includes door and boot shuts just not engine bay! All quality sprayers too, the only reason to pay £3k to £4k+ is i you are looking at extensive bodywork/bodykit or fancy paint.

I have a feeling your down south Grundy, i can pass on a number if your looking ;)

If you are down South then i would head straight to Ray and the team at RT Performance, Wembley. Cant imagine you would get a better and more professional paint job at a fair price anywhere else.

Payco

There's a lot of people wrapping these days, DONT go for a wrap if they've quoted you less than £1800. it won't be done properly. Ask what material they're using. 3m, Hexis and Avery are good materials. A good wrap should take about 3 days. At no point should you cut on the car. Unfortunately many do. And one other thing, just because they've been or claim to have been on a wrapping course doesn't mean they're good. It's like me saying I went on a brick laying course and now I'm a master brick layer!! Hope this helps.

Edited by zippypooz