I have ruined my car already!

nixy

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...... The only immediate one I can think of at the moment is that the seat belt cuts across my neck and is not adjustable, is there anything I can do about that?

Nixy, sorry just got around to reading this thread!

Yeah someone already said it but you can get pads for the seat belts.....

I have some custom ones here that I don't use anymore, they have 350z & Nissan on etc...... So to celebrate your good news Nixy, you can have these! They cost me £20 odd quid but you can have em if you want.........?

PM me if you want pics etc!?

:thumbs:

...... The only immediate one I can think of at the moment is that the seat belt cuts across my neck and is not adjustable, is there anything I can do about that?

I have some custom ones here that I don't use anymore, they have 350z & Nissan on etc...... So to celebrate your good news Nixy, you can have these! They cost me £20 odd quid but you can have em if you want.........?

Mark, you old smoothie!

nixy this is good news... but can i say you should get the guys to visually inspecthe connectors in the floor area in the cabin, for extra piece of mind.

1. Workshop manual available in this forum, has a section called PG, in page 53 there is a good diagram showing the main connectors, focus on the floor mounted ones...

2. Some of the connectors in the cabing will not be watertight.

3. If they remove the seats it should be easy to check the main ones ... open them, check inside for signs of water if there is dry them quickly.

4. Airbags and side airbags, are crtitical because a miniscule change in resistance ( due to corrosion in the terminals) will trigger the airbag warning light.

5. Same applies for the Airbag Control unit, but this is normally mounted in the central area near the gearshift, so it won't be low on the floor..

6. IT will be worth to do this , even if it takes a couple of hours more , to ensure the electrical system has not been compromised. and get nasty surprises in the future.

Anyway it is good news... just double check everything ...

Mark, you old smoothie!

Well mate, just trying to help a lady in distress! ;)

I'm a true gentleman you know B)

do they stop it cutting across your neck then? Or maybe my seats too low? Or maybe they don't expect 5ft 6 people to drive it?

Not sure about the JDM models and you may have already done this, but on the UK cars the support for the top of the seat belt is on a ratchet and moves up/down through ~30 degrees. Move it to its lowest position - worked for my wife.

the seat belt cuts across my neck and is not adjustable, is there anything I can do about that?

I find seat belts acutely uncomfortable in just about every car, so I just never wear them.

I think it's more dangerous to be constantly distracted by the seat belt instead of being comfortable and paying attention to my driving.

I can't remember how long it is since the seat belt law came in but I have never been done for not wearing it. Then again, speed cameras can't get you for that sort of stuff ;)

the seat belt cuts across my neck and is not adjustable, is there anything I can do about that?

I find seat belts acutely uncomfortable in just about every car, so I just never wear them.

I think it's more dangerous to be constantly distracted by the seat belt instead of being comfortable and paying attention to my driving.

I can't remember how long it is since the seat belt law came in but I have never been done for not wearing it. Then again, speed cameras can't get you for that sort of stuff ;)

Are you sure you cant get done for not wearing a seatbelt when seen by a camera? I seem to remember someone being done for just that, although I could be wrong. My memory isn't what it used to be :wacko::wacko:

god I can't imagine not wearing a seat belt - it's like second nature to put it on. I would never drive without one, not even up the road.

Me either, I have seen pickies of people going through windscreens - NOT pretty !!!

Well done Nixy on the car being okay :yahoo::yahoo:

As for seatbelts, Ive never worn them, hate them alot, if someone gets in the car and does not wear one then Ill tell to put it on or I wont drive. I know contradicting but thats just me

:blush:

I would never drive without a seat belt.

Been in two serious accidents when I was younger (both my fault) and would have been badly injured if not for wearing seat belt.

Funnily enough the taxi driver I hit for the first one wasn't wearing a seat belt as they didn't need to and his car ended up in a woman's garden as he lost control - the gate he went through landed in her hallway :D