New Girl (Oz)

Welcome! Ive friends in Melbourne and they have just told me that its 34 degrees there and they are putting their Xmas tree up.

Yeah it does not feel right having the Christmas decorations up in this heat - I'm coming back to England next week and staying for Christmas as last year sucked here if I'm honest! BBQ turkey on the beach wasn't for me haha.

:welcome: G'day!

I used to live in Newhaven many years ago, grew up there, and was born in Brighton. I think I'd choose Australia over Brighton any day!! :lol:

Enjoy the club.

Haha yeah to be fair, Melbourne is really similar to Brighton so I feel right at home!

What was the drive like from Sydney?

I flew from Sydney to Melbourne and looking down it looked very sparse! Were you belting along open roads :D

It was OK, there's a few routes, coastal, scenic 'Alpine' drive, and then the one I took - boring freeway with empty dusty plains as far as you can see and a dead kangaroo every few k's. That was literally it. I just didn't have the time to go the other routes!

Welcome aboard LadyP. :welcome: Definitely bet you've got some lovely weather there for a roadster (drop top) but I prefer cold weather & snow at this time of year. Would be just weird on Christmas day & a blazing sun outside. :lol: Check out this thread for some great sounding exhausts to give you inspiration; http://www.350z-uk.c...-videos-thread/ :thumbs:

Yep snow + winter works, sun and BBQ's at Christmas just don't! And I have this argument with an Aussie every week haha. Thanks, I'll check that out now!

:welcome: I was actually born in Australia and now live in UK. When I got mine (Black facelift '06) I thought it was far too quiet. First buy was Berk HFC, Cobra Y-pipe and japspeed K1 exhaust.

Cool, cheers for that I will do some searching for those!

I need to buy a zed when I get there!

Bootpack instead if backpack!

Be prepared for the price differences!! I have waited 1.5 years before owning a car - everything is so expensive over here!!

Thanks for the Welcomes too btw guys! Pics soon - I dropped the Z off at a trimmers this morning as there is a small tear in the roof.. And rain is predicted for tomorrow + no garage - thought that was the priority job! :D

Edited by LadyP

Welcome to the nuthouse LadyP. There are a few of we chicklets on here, the boys call us Sprinkles, as there's not many of us. :D

You not the only "outsider", there are a few of us :wiggle:

And me, being just across the ditch from you, where we wear jandals, not thongs. ;):p:lol:

Nothing better than a stunning Xmas day in the Antipodes. :teeth::sun: Well just as long as it's not too hot. We tend not to have the big traditional lunch at lunch time, but in the evening when it's a lot cooler. Turkey time. :D All the Pomlanders we've had over here for Xmas just love the lovely Xmas. Snowy Xmas is nice occasionally apart from being bloomin cold. :p

Welcome to the nuthouse LadyP. There are a few of we chicklets on here, the boys call us Sprinkles, as there's not many of us. :D

And me, being just across the ditch from you, where we wear jandals, not thongs.

Nothing better than a stunning Xmas day in the Antipodes. :teeth::sun: Well just as long as it's not too hot. We tend not to have the big traditional lunch at lunch time, but in the evening when it's a lot cooler. Turkey time. :D All the Pomlanders we've had over here for Xmas just love the lovely Xmas. Snowy Xmas is nice occasionally apart from being bloomin cold. :p

Jandals haha! Well I don't call them thongs either - they're flip flops to me!! :D I don't mind it being cold at Christmas, feels a lot more natural! I'm actually looking forward to wrapping up warm again in a scarf and gloves, while knowing I'll be back in 40 degree heat a few weeks later! B)

And me, being just across the ditch from you, where we wear jandals, not thongs.

Jandals haha! Well I don't call them thongs either - they're flip flops to me!! :D I don't mind it being cold at Christmas, feels a lot more natural! I'm actually looking forward to wrapping up warm again in a scarf and gloves, while knowing I'll be back in 40 degree heat a few weeks later! B)

Not much better than going for a swim in the ocean on Xmas Day, and being outside hammering around. :D

But it's what you're used to or grown up with. :sun:

Cheers guys :) Feeling so welcome! :D Going to pick it up today from the trimmers, I plan on taking pics however I haven't had the chance to wash it since I drove it back from Sydney.. so it's still covered in flies etc which are probably now baked on in the heat.. Might have to pay someone to clean it this time! Don't worry.. I'm quite in to my photography so you'll all be sick of photos of it soon enough :D

EDIT: Actually I have one pic I posted on instagram here - not the best don't expect much haha.

Edited by LadyP

Cheers guys :) Feeling so welcome! :D Going to pick it up today from the trimmers, I plan on taking pics however I haven't had the chance to wash it since I drove it back from Sydney.. so it's still covered in flies etc which are probably now baked on in the heat.. Might have to pay someone to clean it this time! Don't worry.. I'm quite in to my photography so you'll all be sick of photos of it soon enough :D

EDIT: Actually I have one pic I posted on instagram here - not the best don't expect much haha.

looks nice from what I can see off it :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just seen the Instagram picture LadyP. Look's very nice from that angle. ;) Colour coded door handles look ace btw. :thumbs:

Cheers, I plan on going for a bit of a black theme - smoked lights all round, maybe carbon lip/sills/spoiler and black plates - that's the great thing over here, no massive ugly yellow/white number plates needed :D