Next car?

coldel

Bodykits can be swapped around, a car thats not riddled with rust and the like is not so easy to find! Amazing some of the cars I went to look at, one had an airgun pellet hole in the bonnet :scare: Engine runs really well, brand new tyres on the car, new pads etc so money lost on fixing the bodykit is money gained in other areas. It actually is one of those that looks better in the metal than on photos, thank goodness!

Yeah not a fan of the bodykit at all but as you say can be swapped around and sold to fun something more tasteful, or not as the case may be :lol:

Sent from the golf club...

Cheers Dan, yeah I went around the houses a bit trying to figure out what to go for. I oh so nearly flew up to Glasgow to buy a low mile GT4 Celica but fortunately Darren talked me out of it at the Woodman meet :teeth:

No idea how long I will keep this one, just enjoying owning different types of cars at the moment learning more about them, different driving experience each time :thumbs:

One of the side skirts actually has a couple of cracks in it where he dropped the car so low and drove up a kerb...so gives me a good excuse to get them taken off and replaced with something a bit more subtle. The back bumper actually has a black diffuser built into it which I quite like, the front is a Top Secret copy which shows off the FMIC so might stick with that.

Of course all this is subject to how much it clears speed bumps around where I live!

Top secret front is nice that's what I went with. I had to change my front as well it was a 400r with a bomex splitter it looked even more garish than your sides :lol:

Before:

6558c80d.jpg

After:

IMG_0720.jpg

Like you said if it's rust free that's a huge bonus as there's not many around. And if there new brakes/tyres then you can afford to get it to your taste

Iv sold the bits iv removed so haven't actually spent that much on it. Compare that to my zed...... :lol:

• Like 1

Yeah the front doesn't look too bad, headlights nice and clear, very chuffed with a full GTR interior with limited edition red stitching (worth about £1k+)

F4F9D4B1-49C2-4852-874B-C1BD98099EB2_zps9d47a3d9.jpg

Car could definitely do with some better offset wheels as well, he put on 400r arches then didn't have the right wheels to fill them.

Plenty to do, but I have deliberately kept the purchase cost down to ensure I had money to play with to get it right :teeth:

Cheers, yes they are iconic in their look aren't they - I toyed with the idea of a R34 but it would have had to have been a tiptronic, which I tried, and didn't like (its still an auto, not a SMG which is not so bad). Definitely lots to do, lots to learn as well with it being turbo charged not NA - more to blow up as well but intend to stay sensible!

So it's a spec 2 after all. I thought about the middle section on the front bumper black but everyone's done it so I went with the section between the vents black

The gtr interior is a nice bonus. Still not decided on my interior yet

I sat in the standard spec 2 and its a country mile away from the GTR interior in terms of ride and comfort. It seems reading on the forums there are a lot of options with regards to seating, just happy mine is sorted as it can get v pricey!

photo_3_zps4ba04e1d.jpg

And thanks back for all the suggestions guys, I did consider an Integra, a GT4 Celica amongst others - was even tempted at one point with a Focus RS Mk1 but they are sky rocketing price wise. As soon as I am in possession will put up a thread in the Other Cars section...

And thanks back for all the suggestions guys, I did consider an Integra, a GT4 Celica amongst others - was even tempted at one point with a Focus RS Mk1 but they are sky rocketing price wise. As soon as I am in possession will put up a thread in the Other Cars section...

I've still yet to scratch my GT4 itch, maybe one day