Next car?

coldel

S15 a bit too much, G35 not off the list, just a bit concerned about the resale hassle, think it would be more than the others and the cost price is a bit high. That said, it would mean I would be allowed to park in the car park at the ace cafe meets, I think!

Dont think i mentioned it on here, but i had a baby a couple of months back, so am in a similar boat.

Our little rascal is now 7 weeks old, and so what ive done is have 2 cars. A "sensible" one for the wife, which we always use when we take the baby out, then that leaves me free to have whatever car I want for myself. :teeth: After all, theres no way I want baby sick all over the inside of my car. :)

If it was the only car in the household then I can kind of see people wanting to get a safe car, but its funny that these days as soon as a baby appears, millions of people seem to rush out and buy Range Rover Sports or Qaisquai`s or other such vehicles which seem to be the size of a mini-bus in order to ferry the baby to nursery & back. I remember when I was a kid my mum used to ferry my brother & I about in a 1970`s 850cc Austin Mini. :lol: We didnt even have car seats in them days and yet she managed to do all the weekly shop in it, drop us off at nursery & school etc without any problems. Sure it wasnt as safe as things are these days, but she managed.

We have two cars, a ford focus for the wife and I did have my VX. Would I put Alfie in the VX, not a chance. I want to be able to take Alfie out with me for drives, with the option to take the wife also on occasions that dictate it. I also want a car that I can go out in myself and really enjoy. The Zed doesn't cover that, nor does the VX. It must have four seats and still be sporty but I dont want a bland audi/bmw rep mobile.

Yes when the child is really small, you can go off doing your think in your Zed or whatever. But when they start to interact, help clean the car, love sitting in it with you and saying 'daddy car' you do have an overwhelming urge to want to take them out with you - so here I am...you got it all to look forwards to :D

We have two cars, a ford focus for the wife and I did have my VX. Would I put Alfie in the VX, not a chance. I want to be able to take Alfie out with me for drives, with the option to take the wife also on occasions that dictate it. I also want a car that I can go out in myself and really enjoy. The Zed doesn't cover that, nor does the VX. It must have four seats and still be sporty but I dont want a bland audi/bmw rep mobile.

Yes when the child is really small, you can go off doing your think in your Zed or whatever. But when they start to interact, help clean the car, love sitting in it with you and saying 'daddy car' you do have an overwhelming urge to want to take them out with you - so here I am...you got it all to look forwards to :D

Think mines going to be sadly disappointed if he thinks helping me clean my motorbikes will get him a ride on them. Not sure my 996 has ISOFIX :lol:

Yeah I saw your name then your avatar! I am tempted, the auto seems to have a manual over-ride so you can at least blip up and down?

If I did get one I wouldn't be the outcast at each Zed meet ongoing I guess :lol:

I did spend a lot of money and time working on my previous Zed, would feel like I have to do it all again if I got one of these...

Yeah I saw your name then your avatar! I am tempted, the auto seems to have a manual over-ride so you can at least blip up and down?

If I did get one I wouldn't be the outcast at each Zed meet ongoing I guess :lol:

I did spend a lot of money and time working on my previous Zed, would feel like I have to do it all again if I got one of these...

Apparently theres not much in it between 0-60 of auto vs manual and iv seen people do the flappy paddle shift conversions for the autos which was my last option if i couldnt find a manual...

But interestingly enough i was also looking at the St205 Gt4 when i was looking for my next car... I like the rarity compared to seeing scoobys and evos everywhere.. it is a good shout but will be hard to find a good example at the right price. But then again as with anything haha

G35s do tick all boxes, I would be at pains though to have to pay for a remap again, the spacer again, etc etc.

I am swerving quite strongly back to the Celica now!

If you've got the modifying bug though Coldel it doesn't really matter what car you get as your always going to want to change some things imo. ;)

I was looking at Celica GT4's some years ago before I decided in the end to buy a JDM WRX. The problem was I could never find a GT4 that I thought was good enough or worth the cash. Saw a lot of dog's so decided the Impreza was the better buy in the end as it was a lot easier to find a good one within my budget. G35 look's great imo. :D

Mate much as I love your enthusiasm for the 90's jap wagons don't be under any illusion that your not going to spend what you would on mods on a newer car keeping it on the road.

Not saying they're unreliable (they're not) but ultimately things get old and wear.

You really want to speak to Husky about a GT4. He had major mither with his due to previous owner fettlidge.

Pulsar GTiR.......and you think a scooby is too chavvy! Lol

What about one of these bad boys, you could even get a carbon fibre trilby or flat cap / pipe type gear to go with it:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201311059706447/sort/default/usedcars/page/1/keywords/XJR/postcode/ba12eu/price-to/6000/model/xj/radius/1501/make/jaguar/price-from/4000/onesearchad/used?logcode=p

Edited by Bockaaarck

4 seats, but not necessarily 4 doors

Boot space, not much, but enough for a couple of bags

Not a hatchback

Something a bit rarer (so discounting S4s and the like) and not a rep mobile

Sporty!

Japanese a preference

Not front wheel drive

...and the kicker, trying to keep it under £6k to pocket some cash for a nice holiday in the new year.

ticks a lot of boxes (ok its not 'sporty' but it isnt exactly slow!)

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201311169955664/sort/pricedesc/usedcars/price-to/6500/postcode/rh12hz/page/1/engine-size-cars/5lplus/fuel-type/petrol/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/radius/1500/make/mercedes-benz/keywords/amg?logcode=p