Next car?

coldel

Well, with 20 watchers on ebay and someone coming to see the VX tomorrow and another when he is back in the country in 10 days time, looks like I am on course to sell before Christmas .. fingers crossed!

But what next?

The main reason for sale is my little 'un who is now 21 months old, here he is, cute huh:

1450814_10152077241037125_55486286_n_zps44211d58.jpg

...he is really loving doing stuff with his dad, including anything to do with the VX. But I just wouldn't want him in the front, its just not protected enough in my view (although I got flamed for saying so on the VX forum!).

So, what am I after?

4 seats, but not necessarily 4 doors

Boot space, not much, but enough for a couple of bags

Not a hatchback

Something a bit rarer (so discounting S4s and the like) and not a rep mobile

Sporty!

Japanese a preference

Not front wheel drive

...and the kicker, trying to keep it under £6k to pocket some cash for a nice holiday in the new year.

R33 would be nice, Celica GT4 would be cool...any other ideas? Alfa GTV looks stunning but I am scared (based on myth rather than personal experience though) of reliability. Any other inspirational ideas?

Sorry, the VX guys are right. The Elise tub is incredibly safe, more so than the R33 or Celica you mention.

G37?

Not for 6k you ain't mate.

Mazda 6 MPS? Ok so it ain't RWD but it ain't FWD either.

Plenty of room for the sprog. I'm lead to believe sounds nice and I've always thought the 6 was a very comfy equipt car.

Jap wagon too

The tub is safe, but anything dropping on the car you are so exposed, the windshields are so brittle, a guy shattered his just by pulling the rear view mirror off. Ref the recent post on here with how the VX cabin gets intruded in a crash - that's what scares me the most. For sure drive it into a brick wall you are fine - also there were some stats that went around recently about children are 35% more likely to suffer fatal injuries in the front than in the back in like for like seating equipment.

Anyway, back on track...G37 yeah, I am looking, although I would pine for my old Zed

Well, with 20 watchers on ebay and someone coming to see the VX tomorrow and another when he is back in the country in 10 days time, looks like I am on course to sell before Christmas .. fingers crossed!

But what next?

The main reason for sale is my little 'un who is now 21 months old, here he is, cute huh:

1450814_10152077241037125_55486286_n_zps44211d58.jpg

...he is really loving doing stuff with his dad, including anything to do with the VX. But I just wouldn't want him in the front, its just not protected enough in my view (although I got flamed for saying so on the VX forum!).

So, what am I after?

4 seats, but not necessarily 4 doors

Boot space, not much, but enough for a couple of bags

Not a hatchback

Something a bit rarer (so discounting S4s and the like) and not a rep mobile

Sporty!

Japanese a preference

Not front wheel drive

...and the kicker, trying to keep it under £6k to pocket some cash for a nice holiday in the new year.

R33 would be nice, Celica GT4 would be cool...any other ideas? Alfa GTV looks stunning but I am scared (based on myth rather than personal experience though) of reliability. Any other inspirational ideas?

MK4 R32 Golf :p

You can get 350GTs under the nissan badge fairly cheaply

Teg?

Oh I thought that was a G something else (G35?).

Integra.....just checked and there's only 5 for sale in the country. 1 in your price range and it's got over 100k on it!

Teggy's are 2 Door? Friend has a luuuurvly blue one. We picked it up in Wigan last year, about 70-80k on the clock, and was about 6-£7k. Aren't they FWD as well?

Might be a G35 I was on about then :blush:

The 4 door 350Z thing that's pig ugly. Almost always in silver.

3-series of some kind would be my choice.

Not going to keep harping on about the VX thing, but the windscreen is the same toughened glass as any other windscreen ever. The surround is part of the roll over protection too, so incredibly strong. The R33 and Celica are very old cars in terms of crash protection, and cabin intrusion will be much worse than with the ally tub like-for-like. Seating position front to back death stats may be correct, but I bet they apply equally for adults as they do for kids. I'm not trying to be argumentative on purpose (purely by accident! :p ), but the truth is that you wouldn't drive as hard with a kid in the car as you would if there were adults, so you're immediately less likely to have an accident that's your fault. You'll never be able to account for the idiocy of others though, regardless of what you're driving. If safety is your worry, then I'd get something as big and as modern as possible like an SUV.

Teg?

Integra.....just checked and there's only 5 for sale in the country. 1 in your price range and it's got over 100k on it!

Teggy's are 2 Door? Friend has a luuuurvly blue one. We picked it up in Wigan last year, about 70-80k on the clock, and was about 6-£7k. Aren't they FWD as well?

They do a 4 door and Yup!

Teg?

They do a 4 door and Yup!

Bleugh don't go 4 door :p

Scooby? Evo?

Might be a G35 I was on about then :blush:

The 4 door 350Z thing that's pig ugly. Almost always in silver.

3-series of some kind would be my choice.

Not going to keep harping on about the VX thing, but the windscreen is the same toughened glass as any other windscreen ever. The surround is part of the roll over protection too, so incredibly strong. The R33 and Celica are very old cars in terms of crash protection, and cabin intrusion will be much worse than with the ally tub like-for-like. Seating position front to back death stats may be correct, but I bet they apply equally for adults as they do for kids. I'm not trying to be argumentative on purpose (purely by accident! :p ), but the truth is that you wouldn't drive as hard with a kid in the car as you would if there were adults, so you're immediately less likely to have an accident that's your fault. You'll never be able to account for the idiocy of others though, regardless of what you're driving. If safety is your worry, then I'd get something as big and as modern as possible like an SUV.

Thats odd as thats at odds as to what the VX guys say, you should never leverage yourself on the windshield when getting in and out of the car for instance. Everyone warns you that they are brittle and when they go the trick is to get an exige one put back in place as they are much stronger.

The g35 is a great shout- but they come in 2 doors as well as 4. Think of it as a zed with rear seats

Tegs are great cars but more track orientated so not that comfy for every day but coming from a vx it will prob feel like a bentley :lol:

What's your budget?

Looking for about £6k really, its going to be a second car/toy for me Alfie and sometime if we let her, the missus to go out in. Yeah the G35 would be a good call, the styling though, it just doesn't quite sit right with me.