Bonnet Raisers

Easty

Has anyone got these on there Z??

Can we get some pictures up if you have iv never seen one with it done and am interested and thinking about doing it. . . .

Mate, you need to get to more meets! :lol:

• Like 1

The question should be "Does anyone not have bonnet dampers fitted on their z ?". Has to be one of the first mods to be done.

Tarmac or Redline will sort you out...

Payco

I'm not on about the dampers, yet that is something I still NEED lol

I'm on about a set of Raisers so it lifts the back of the bonnet up a few cm

It depends on if the OP means bonnet dampers or adding a couple of washers to the hinge to make it look like the bonnet doesn't fit properly...

Fallen foul of getting distracted mid-reply again, curses!

Aye think the OP is on about these. B19TRB1694723877.JPG

Sorry, being dumb, why would you want to make it look like it doesnt fit ?.

Payco

It's just a style, personel preference. A lot of people do it with Saxo's, Golfs etc. Guessing it's just something thats not been done to a Z and the OP wants to see what it looks like.

Some cars can pull it off, others are a no go!

People do it to "let hot air out of the under bonnet area" however it actually messes up the carefully designed under bonnet airflow and raises your engine temps.

It also looks like you've had a crash and not repaired the car. Oh and it also lifts the bonnet out of line of the hooks which are designed to catch each other in the event of a crash and puts it in a direct line of your face.

The number of high performance cars I've seen it done on? None.

The number of chavtastic cars I've seen it done on? Lots.

• Like 5

Sorry, being dumb, why would you want to make it look like it doesnt fit ?.

Payco

It's just a style, personel preference. A lot of people do it with Saxo's, Golfs etc. Guessing it's just something thats not been done to a Z and the OP wants to see what it looks like.

Some cars can pull it off, others are a no go!

That's pretty much it. . . .

Never seen one done before. .

Just bought a kit to do it, for the sake of £8 I'll give it a go and see what it looks like. . .

But it is also to serve a purpose the new strut brace I'm getting apparently touched on the bonnet so will hopefully stop it catching :-)

It depends on if the OP means bonnet dampers or adding a couple of washers to the hinge to make it look like the bonnet doesn't fit properly...

Fallen foul of getting distracted mid-reply again, curses!

Aye think the OP is on about these. B19TRB1694723877.JPG

Are they literally blocks of metal under the bonnet? That silver square looks like it's causing the problem, remove that from each side and you should have a properly functioning bonnet again :p:stir:

People do it to "let hot air out of the under bonnet area" however it actually messes up the carefully designed under bonnet airflow and raises your engine temps.

It also looks like you've had a crash and not repaired the car. Oh and it also lifts the bonnet out of line of the hooks which are designed to catch each other in the event of a crash and puts it in a direct line of your face.

The number of high performance cars I've seen it done on? None.

The number of chavtastic cars I've seen it done on? Lots.

Read this again Op is my advice. I wouldn't bother at all no matter how cheap the mod is to do and I'd just buy a strut that fits properly in the first place or possibly a newer style bonnet for your Zed with the bonnet bulge to help fit the strut you've got.

Why on Earth would you want to do that?!

Buy a strut brace that fits in the first place!

It makes it look like the car has been in a front end shunt and not repaired properly.

In a language that the Barry Boys who do this to their Saxo's understand - "It looks pure Gash that does Mate"

I think I'll start riding around with my doors only half latched closed, or have I not fully grasped this concept :shrug:

No, no, no. You've completely missed the point. :rolleyes:

You need to buy a kit which moves the hinge away from the rest of the car, not the latch. It'll look "well mint, innit, blud". And aid with cabin cooling. Possibly. Panel gaps FTW, yo!

I think I'll start riding around with my doors only half latched closed, or have I not fully grasped this concept :shrug:

No, no, no. You've completely missed the point. :rolleyes:

You need to buy a kit which moves the hinge away from the rest of the car, not the latch. It'll look "well mint, innit, blud". And aid with cabin cooling. Possibly. Panel gaps FTW, yo!

:doh: