Chav's

zxrob

24 year old chav here! oh wait...

Im no better at 23 :lol:

I remember when I got mine, the dealer wouldn't let me test drive it until I'd put a deposit down! I was 20, but still :lol:

I was the same age. Car was just over 2 yrs old. Genuine nismo kitted car. Dealer handed me the keys with no issues and let me take it out for a while.

25 just now and still love it

Your from Scotland though....everyone knows each other up there :p

Because they're all related right? :stir:

:lol:

Chavs dont have time for driving 350z' too busy driving scoobys and evos

Funny you say that, one of my nephews mate, total chav/boy racer full of rubbish (he apparently had a 400bhp civic type r not fi'd, need i say more) bought an Evo 8, at that moment i decided i would never drive an Evo, shame as i always wanted one.

Pleased i had Rx7;s before they got to that stage, awesome cars, just ruined.

You see a lot being picked up and shifted onvery quickly when the running costs rear their head.

I've noticed this a lot recently, it's a bit sad really. There's also decreasing numbers being taxed each year (naturally!) but the graph is going down quite a bit:

http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/nissan_350z

You see a lot being picked up and shifted onvery quickly when the running costs rear their head.

I've noticed this a lot recently, it's a bit sad really. There's also decreasing numbers being taxed each year (naturally!) but the graph is going down quite a bit:

http://www.howmanyle...cle/nissan_350z

Although the registered RX7's seems to net multiple results due being registered with different subtitles, pretty much half what were on the roads in 2007 - 08 across the board! Interesting i would say 09-10 was when the scene or market started to go and 07-08 were when prices were even, so pretty much follows that graph!

Edited by Jetpilot

24 year old chav here! oh wait...

Im no better at 23 :lol:

I remember when I got mine, the dealer wouldn't let me test drive it until I'd put a deposit down! I was 20, but still :lol:

I was the same age. Car was just over 2 yrs old. Genuine nismo kitted car. Dealer handed me the keys with no issues and let me take it out for a while.

25 just now and still love it

Your from Scotland though....everyone knows each other up there :p

Because they're all related right? :stir:

:lol:

Brave men you lot are :p

• Like 2

Ah could you not handle all the sheep? Lol

Haha true!

Taken from Urban dictionary.....

Aberdeen: Scottish city, which prides itself on being "the oil capital of Europe". In reality this just means the dogsbody work of the oil industry is shipped up there, away from the company directors who still live in wealth and comfort in the South-East of England. Famous for it's terrible weather and casual violence, it also has the dubious honour of being the most radioactive city in Britain - due mostly to all the buildings being made out of granite, which slowly releases radon gas. The inhabitants are usually too stupid to cause many problems, so long as you don't look them in the eye...

• Like 1

Remember someone of the younger generation posting on here that they were SHOCKED at the insurance prices ... after ... buying a Zed. So got it home uninsured then got quoted £3k or something. Seriously. I mean seriously. Head, testing, required.

Remember someone of the younger generation posting on here that they were SHOCKED at the insurance prices ... after ... buying a Zed. So got it home uninsured then got quoted £3k or something. Seriously. I mean seriously. Head, testing, required.

:lol: I'm paying £389 fully comp with all the bells & whistles. So glad those stupidly high insurance premium days are behind me. :yahoo:

Chav is what?

Not what it means round your neck of the woods.

I think a chav (chavvie) daaaaaan saaaaafff is a young kid.

Up north is a hoodie wearing member of the underclass who will usually be equipt with a cheap bag of weed, track suit, probably a very blunt knife from his mums kitchen draw and a truly horrendous STI riddled 'Julie' on his arm. They will usually be sporting the local ner do well accent regardless of where they live.

For example a chav from chester will have a plastic scouse accent.

They are cretins of the first order.

Edited by Ricey
  • Like 1

Chav is what?

Up north is a hoodie wearing member of the underclass who will usually be equipt with a cheap bag of weed, track suit, probably a very blunt knife from his mums kitchen draw and a truly horrendous STI riddled 'Julie' on his arm. They will usually be sporting the local ner do well accent regardless of where they live.

around my neck of the woods they dress the same as above but try and talk that bullshit london accent that is becoming more common, like that of dizzee rascal etc. even though their born and raised in rickmansworth, in a 5 bed house and their parents are doctors or accountants or whatever

• Like 3

Chav is what?

around my neck of the woods they dress the same as above but try and talk that bullshit london accent that is becoming more common, like that of dizzee rascal etc. even though their born and raised in rickmansworth, in a 5 bed house and their parents are doctors or accountants or whatever

You cant be too far from me then :lol:

Chav is what?

Read the thread title again.

Now give yourself a massive whoosh parrot. ;)

• Like 1

Chavs? I think the association is probably to do with being "customised" - changed body kits, loud exhausts etc. Just like I consider most *insert generic hot hatch sport version* cars to be chav cars too. It dates back to the 90's with the Nova's, Fiesta's, Renaults (all standard ones) which had body kits, alloys and stupidly big exhausts stuck on (at least round my way) while having those tiny 1-1.4l engines. Therefore body kit + exhaust = chav in many folks mind.

There are definitely plenty of "Sports" versions of regular cars being driven by regular folks wanting a fun car, but by and large, if I see one - my mind still reverts to immediately thinking of "chavs". It's that body kit + alloys + exhaust...

Mine is stock, and imo doesn't look remotely chavesque - although I am sure the loud exhaust will make people think it is (Scorpion, came on the car when bought). In honestly, if I could tone that down without spending a large lump of cash I would. It's a bit too noisy for my taste, but still... fun :D

As for selling on cheap, the running costs are high. I was recently told I would be best just buying a cheap run around car for winter instead of driving the Z - for safety reasons. I can then see how it goes for many who do this. Run around car would cost 1/3rd the fuel, 1/4 the tax, and 1/2-1/5th the insurance. (depending upon age!). As you drive the boring commute you realise its better to take the crap one, leave the fun one for special occasions. Suddenly you're driving the Z at the weekends for 8 months of the year, and not at all for the other 4 months. Given the cost of maintaining it (tax, insurance, service) being northwards of £1k per year - if you end up driving it perhaps 20 weekends a year, that's bloody expensive! With the amount invested in it (depreciation) and the cost of £50 per drive before even paying for fuel (from the tax, insurance and service cost with 20 weekends use!) - I'm not surprised that people then sell it on as it is insanely expensive for a bit of fun :D

I refer to the stereo system as being anti-chav - as slowing/stopping automatically reduces the volume if I am not mistaken.

Since the road noise is so great you have to turn it up to drown it out at 70mph, it means at standstill if you haven't adjusted it you would definitely be blasting music out "like a chav" at lights - and doing this automatically is a welcome thing :D

Looking for winter tyres at present...

Edited by Mike
  • Like 1