Steamed up!

HORNZEE

I get this to, was looking at the rain x anti fog stuff?

Also apparently rubbing the screen with shaving foam can help?

Anyway air-con sounds good, doesn't it use a lot more petrol or with this engine size will it not make a difference?

Ooo something I can help with :)

I ran silicon spray round all the rubbers, doors and boot. Then nipped down the supermarket and spend a quid on a dehumidifier block (plastic tub with some crystal stuff and a paper lid) and put that in the back pocket of my passenger seat, found the early morning fog ups and general damp MUCH better now

• Like 1

As already mentioned, you need to run AC even in winter once a week or so to stop the AC hoses drying and cracking.

If you don't want to use it daily but only once a week or so, follow this procedure.

On switching the AC off, turn the temperature setting up.

Fan speed o high.

Open window a little.

After a few minutes, the water that had condensed in the system will be evaporated off and blown out.

You can now run the heater or fan without steaming up.

Once you use AC again, water will condense in the system again and as soon as you switch AC off your windows will steam up again.

But on a cold day the AC will help demist the front screen alot quicker than running the heater blowing onto the windscreen. ....but then you're faced with the above procedure again to dry off trapped condensed water if you want to run with AC off again.