What sunglasses for driving?

Fluke

I have started driving early mornings and late evenings and have problems with winter sun glare, normal reactalite or transition lens glasses don't work through car window screens.

What no prescription sunglasses do you wear and would you recommend them?

No idea what my numbers are but I'm a big fan of my prescription sunnys. Even when it's not especially bright or glarey, they just make my eyes so much more relaxed, which is great for long journeys. Just remember you've got them on when it actually starts to get dark!

I've had 2 pairs of Oakley Ducatti's in different designs and lost them both, I now have a pair of Oakley Custom oil rigs and a pair of Spy "Helm" glasses which I was given at Gymkhana GRiD the other week. The Spy pair are actually really good and I'd really rate them.

Trainers and Sunglasses are my downfall, normally buy at least a new pair of each a year, trainers normally 2/3 pairs a year.

I wear Serengeti's, no idea which ones, I just bought them in Mexico a few years ago because they looked good, my Oakleys were FUBAR'd, and they were a little geeky in being slightly 'reactive' lenses. They really keep the glare out of my eyes and i've not had any blind moments with them yet :thumbs:

Just get something with a polarised lens and you're half way there... Don't get RayBan P Aviators though - they're too 'flat' and loads of sun comes in round the side of the lens... I'll probably get some polarised Oakley glasses for my next set, just need to find a pair that isn't too garish.

Just get something with a polarised lens and you're half way there... Don't get RayBan P Aviators though - they're too 'flat' and loads of sun comes in round the side of the lens... I'll probably get some polarised Oakley glasses for my next set, just need to find a pair that isn't too garish.

Go oakley custom, then you can design them how you like :thumbs:

Go oakley custom, then you can design them how you like :thumbs:

+1

ESS. absolutely brillient.

Same ones as issued to the Allied forces over in the sand.

Ok I think I might get myself a pair of these!

They come with a set of clear lenses as well.

very well made and fit for purpose.

Get new ones from ebay not the used ones.

About £60 :)

I have a pair of Kirkland Signature ones from Costco.

Lightweight

Polarised

Anti glare coating on the inside of the lenses

Only cost me about £30.

My 2nd favourite pair for driving are some cheapo polarised ones from NEXT.

Polarised again but have spring loaded arms unlike my Costco ones making them easier to open and put on mid drive.

Kind of ironic how these two are finally my all time favourites after spending hundreds on numerous fancy pairs over the years from the sunglasses hut etc.

I suppose some fit certain head shapes better and my nut suits these budget ones.