Potential 350 owner

Hi all

I'm from Haywards Heath, West Sussex and currently own an FTO. Female 'petrol head', but thankfully my man fully understands and encourages my car love!

I've loved 350's for a long time and am constantly fighting the urge to just go and get one (really need to wait till next year for a loan to finish!). However I have a feeling my clutch is going and so even more tempted now (as much as I love my FTO that I've had for 4 years!)

I've spotted a 350z on @bay at a dealers in Leighton Buzzard. It's a black cabriolet (never thought I'd like a cabriolet!) that has 44k miles for an 2006 for £7995. As we've been looking for a while, I keep thinking that maybe this is too cheap. Any advice, good or bad and also whether or not to go for cabriolet.

Thanks for listening

Thanks guys.

It says 20060217 as Reg date. 1 owner. I get the impression from the other cars they sell that it's not one they really want in their possession! (£40k + cars!).

I can't tell if it's a GT model.

Is there any major device due around 40k miles? Last serviced in Feb at 42279 miles and now on 45000.

Off to speak to bank at lunchtime!

Thanks again

Thanks guys.

It says 20060217 as Reg date. 1 owner. I get the impression from the other cars they sell that it's not one they really want in their possession! (£40k + cars!).

Is there any major device due around 40k miles? Last serviced in Feb at 42279 miles and now on 45000.

Thanks again

If its the 17th Feb 06 then its the first model of the Z with 276bhp. Not a bad thing at all but would make the price 'fair' in my opinion :)

EDIT: Just seen the link so can confirm DE. GT Spec with Rays and looks lovely so as long as service history stacks up then seems like a decent buy.

Edited by 350Ad

Thanks guys.

Thanks again

If its the 17th Feb 06 then its the first model of the Z with 276bhp. Not a bad thing at all but would make the price 'fair' in my opinion :)

EDIT: Just seen the link so can confirm DE. GT Spec with Rays and looks lovely so as long as service history stacks up then seems like a decent buy.

Price does seem great from a garage :) will she get stung by the higher roadtax though even though its the older engine?

06 > £480

<06 £270

I'm going to see the car on Friday. I am not excited, I am NOT excited, I AM NOT EXCITED!!

Apparently it was owned by a Magistrate (not sure if that's good or bad). Going to check on P3 service (I'm guessing on here somewhere is what needs to have been done on that service?).

I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for the comments and welcome.

Price seems about right to me. Besides servicing, id check on things like plugs & break fluid which are not included as part of the normal P1 , P3, P1, P2 services, but should be done on age/mileage.

Also on a roadster check the hood works smoothly and properly particularly at the bit where the boot opens up and the hood starts to fold in - it can stick at this point sometimes on some cars. Also look up above your head as you sit in the car at the metal cross beam. Its a known issue that where the hood is attached to this beam the metal wraps around the cross member, and starts to peel back under normal use. Where the hood folds near the rear window it can also split. The hood should be a canvas type material to the touch, if its not it may have been replaced at some point.

Tyres will sting you £650 upwards a set, so make sure they have decent tread on them and are a matching set of 4. If any need replacing then dealers will stick the cheapest nastiest tyres on they can so you end up with an odd set. Brake pads also arnt cheap, so see if they look okay.

In general, HPI check + get MOT / v5 details and check online at the DVLA website where you can see all previous MOT`s and mileage to make sure they add up - also it shows any advisaries which give you points to check to see if they have been replaced or need doing in the future.

• Like 3

Hi all

I fell in love and bought her! Fabulous condition car. Nearly new Bridgestone tyres all round as well. Drives like a dream and the hood is in very good condition.

Did all the HPI checks and all good. Just waiting for the V5 docs to all come back as it's coming off the private plate and then I hope to collect next wknd. I'll likely change her exhaust to something with a bit more grrrrr, as I'm used to a Powerflow on my FTO, I like to hear the V6 (told you I'm a girlie petrol head!)

Shame we can't drive it to Brands Hatch for Touring Cars on Sunday. So the FTO will get her final drive out instead.

Thanks guys for all your help. We hope to come to a meet, so I'll keep an eye out for South East ones.

• 2 weeks later...

I took delivery of her today. My other half, Robin, drove her back from Luton.

I felt sick and had to just sit and stare at the steering wheel like a Muppet for 10 minutes before I plucked up the courage to drive her (never spend more than £4k on a car before!). I'm in luuuurve, what a drive. Even my Dad (very hard to please, always was in different to my choice of my Jap import cars...even though he's the one that made me a petrol head Girlie by taking me Bangor a Racing at the age of 4!!) loved it and is now jealous.

I want to come to a meet soon as I want to hear some Grrr Exhausts as I like to hear the V6, so I'll hunt down a South East meet for us.

Can't wait to be part of this Z life!