CAMPTWAT - Campaign for Threads With Adequate Titles...

I agree re proper titles for threads but I wouldn't get quite worked up about it.

There is more chance of finding what you want or someone reading it if you give it an appropriate title (wow that sounds boring) ....

WTF that all about from somebody who's been a member for 2 weeks...!!! :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Will, do you realise that you do this with almost every single one of your threads? It's either very vague, or ends with ellipsis and multiple exclamation marks. Almost every single thread you start is like that, I can't be the only one who noticed it. Granted most of them are videos or links or whatever.

I like the OPs rant, and he's got an excellent point. There's no harm in doing it occasionally for effect, or where it's off-topic anyway so the title is a bit irrelevant, but for anyone actually asking for help then a clear, concise title should be mandatory.

• Like 1

I agree that anything zed related should be be titled correctly.

It makes searching a pain because you have to include thread content and not just titles to find anything, and that just brings up hundreds of posts to trawl though instead of a handful of titles relevant to what your looking for. It's also the reason we get so many reposts on here.

However, anything off topic is fair game, call it what you want.

• Like 1

Sorry about this ridiculous thread, everyone. No excuses, but there was a rather large surfeit of Pino Grigio coursing through the veins last night.

Please feel free to keep creating topics with the most vague, unhelpful or ridiculous titles - I actually don't give a monkey's now that I'm sober. And whatever your opinion of Val - don't forget that he single-handedly founded this place (probably after a few glasses of plonk too). Without him this place wouldn't exist. Personally I'd erect a statue to the guy - any thoughts as to where it should be sited?

Edit - As for WhackyWill, all I can say is... :drunk:

Edited by chubbster

Nope sorry, and I've been here 4 years.

Valerio started this place.

no quite, he partly started it! A few of us were all responsible for starting this place

Let me guess with a bottle of plonk? :lol::)

if only. we all had to chip in for the first couple of years to fund this place and keep it running. Bottles of plonk never surfaced apart from the Walws trip. We gave on eto the the person who organised it which was Mark the first year, then Dave the year after

• Like 1

I've been a member for 2 weeks, but I pre-date the forum.

I pre-date the forum too! I was born in '89 and I don't think the forum was started until at least 2002/03 :D

started offline in december 2005

Aaah yes -I remember it well. As someone who has re-emerged after several years, let me tell you that this forum has become an excellent place - but you probably know that already. It's a credit to those people who stuck with it and built it. Well done you people.

Sorry about this ridiculous thread, everyone. No excuses, but there was a rather large surfeit of Pino Grigio coursing through the veins last night.

Please feel free to keep creating topics with the most vague, unhelpful or ridiculous titles - I actually don't give a monkey's now that I'm sober. And whatever your opinion of Val - don't forget that he single-handedly founded this place (probably after a few glasses of plonk too). Without him this place wouldn't exist. Personally I'd erect a statue to the guy - any thoughts as to where it should be sited?

Edit - As for WhackyWill, all I can say is... :drunk:

Firstly....this thread was more interesting when you were pi**ed off. You had a valid point but the way you put it across was entertaining but you've undone your hard work by apologising....

Secondly... I don't drink so I would know but if your drunken shenanigans involve ranting on a forum you need to find a better tipple :lol:

Thirdly.... Is whackywill easily excited or does he genuinely find the obvious very shocking? :scare:

from what I remember of the Val aftermath, he spat out his dummy, threw his toys out the pram, had himself completely erased from the forum and ran off with the club takings and the rights to the club web addresses. from what I can recall, he didn't like the route the forum was taking and the fact it was going to fill up with cheap arse chavs with cheap cars and cheap tastes. and basically chav the forum up....well if he were dead he'd be turning in his grave :lol: :lol: he was like the forum oracle :lol: as with all cars its inevitable and to be fair its a good forum with a good community. so cant be all bad. last thing I saw of Val was him on another forum going by the name of the menial or something like that and posting like he was the zed messiah.

• Like 1

I hate it when people create ranting topics. Only to find their thread title was gay in the first place. (See what I did there)

Each to their own, and yes it can be a little annoying but just get over it. Its a forum as we're all different, from different walks of life. You also have to remember there's a large number resident posters and readers, so to them its a post to friends, to those who may not post as often will see it as a useless thread, especially when catchin up on the weeks activity.

Take a break and have a kit kat :thumbs:

Spot on so I can leave this rant to the ranters lol :)

• Like 1