CAMPTWAT - Campaign for Threads With Adequate Titles...

Ok, I'm a fussy *!@*$£@ - and I know it, ...but it bugs me when people create meaningless thread titles, such as, "I Did It!", or "Here's A Good One!". You did WHAT??? You've got a good WHAT??? ffs

Personally, I usually don't even bother to click on a title if it's meaningless or vague. I know I might possibly miss something interesting, useful or even important to me, but who has time to investigate these things, just in case?

Why don't some people (and thankfully it's only a few) take a couple of seconds to create a thread title that gives us a clue to what their topic is about?

...I feel just the same about work colleagues who can't even be bothered to put a subject line on their emails. Are they just a bit dim, or what?

So, can I make a plea to everyone? If you're taking the time and trouble to start a new topic it must be important to you - so do yourself a favour and give it a proper title. Would you spend hours and hours making your car just right and then go out without pumping up the tyres? ...If you know what I mean.

Would you buy the Daily Mail if it's headline said, "Here's One"? No, you want it to say, "Here's another one of those Scrounging Commie B@@$%^tard Scroungers Caught in the Act of Scrounging All Your Hard Earned Money Again", don't we?

Fussy b!@%$d rant over :)

...anyone fancy joining my highly important campaign? :group:

• Like 1

Have to agree. Iv ignored a few threads cos of the vague title thinking it will be something minor or non zed/non car related and when it keeps popping up for a week il click in to read it. Turns out to be something interesting and/or important in the zed world but you would never know from the title. If that makes sense :lol:

I was on board with this post until the Daily Mail bit. I wouldn't buy it if it had a headline of, "Free inside today; five vouchers for a week with Monica Bellucci in Sacramento, lube included." And I really liked Sacramento. :teeth:

• Like 2

I hate it when people create ranting topics. Only to find their thread title was gay in the first place. (See what I did there)

Each to their own, and yes it can be a little annoying but just get over it. Its a forum as we're all different, from different walks of life. You also have to remember there's a large number resident posters and readers, so to them its a post to friends, to those who may not post as often will see it as a useless thread, especially when catchin up on the weeks activity.

Take a break and have a kit kat :thumbs:

• Like 4

I hate it when people create ranting topics. Only to find their thread title was gay in the first place. (See what I did there)

Each to their own, and yes it can be a little annoying but just get over it. Its a forum as we're all different, from different walks of life. You also have to remember there's a large number resident posters and readers, so to them its a post to friends, to those who may not post as often will see it as a useless thread, especially when catchin up on the weeks activity.

Take a break and have a kit kat :thumbs:

You're absolutely right - I hadn't thought of it like that. Thank you.

...but don't you hate it when the title's meaningless?

Wow, there are far bigger things in life to worry and rant over than thread titles or email subjects.

Its the nature of the beast, different people post in different ways, if that means their point is missed by some so be it.

I hate it when people copy posts :lol:

Edited by Wasso

:tumbleweed:

lol - and he had a blue Zed too.

Lost me now......

How can you not remember Val? :lol:

Its a shame most of the old school members don't come here very often (except me & Sarnie who are never leaving :teeth:)

WTF that all about from somebody who's been a member for 2 weeks...!!! :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

lol - I've been a member for 2 weeks, but I pre-date the forum. Anyone still remember Valerio lol?

Val was a little before me, but his presence lived on for a little while :lol:

WTF that all about from somebody who's been a member for 2 weeks...!!! :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

lol - I've been a member for 2 weeks, but I pre-date the forum. Anyone still remember Valerio lol?

Val was a little before me, but his presence lived on for a little while :lol:

Yes - it did lol.

Lost me now......

Its a shame most of the old school members don't come here very often (except me & Sarnie who are never leaving :teeth:)

Aaah Sarnie - and he's still buying cars :)

Edit - This place has changed out of all recognition

Edited by chubbster

Lost me now......

Yep, still here and not going anywhere ;)

And Val was a prize cu nt.

I agree and disagree with your main point though. To frequent posters, when someone posts something with an obscure title, it's probably relative to another topic or thread recently discussed and anyone party to it would probably know what the new thread was in relation to. Although to the outsider, it obviously means nothing.....

I'm sure if you stick around long enough again, you'll get over it :D

Lost me now......

Yep, still here and not going anywhere ;)

And Val was a prize cu nt.

I agree and disagree with your main point though. To frequent posters, when someone posts something with an obscure title, it's probably relative to another topic or thread recently discussed and anyone party to it would probably know what the new thread was in relation to. Although to the outsider, it obviously means nothing.....

I'm sure if you stick around long enough again, you'll get over it :D

lol - nice to see you haven't changed a bit! Might stick around, might not, who knows :)